Vitamin D3 and Garlic pills

Posted , 8 users are following.

The past couple of months I have been having trouble with yeast infections and tearing during sex. I took the advice of Nancy KB and did some research for the yeast which introduced me to both vitamin D3 and Garlic. I now take 1000mg of garlic each day and take 2000IU of Vitamin D3. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks and this weekend had intercourse with my husband. I had NO tearing and No yeast infection!!!! I have also still been on limited carbs and no sugar diet. I think the vitamin D3 helped my vagina strengthen up and the garlic pills have kept my yeast at bay. So grateful to have found this combination, I hope someone else can start this and see if it works for them.

I will come back in a couple of weeks to update if anything changes.

9 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

OH! oh Starlight Ann! I'm So so happy for you wow... no tearing... 

as we speak I am cooking up a bone broth sou with lots of onion and GARLIC in it... wow - but I didn't know that came in pills - very cool. 

As a matter of fact, I had been out of Vitamin D for a couple weeks because I as working on deciding which brand would be best after I ran out. ..and very interestingly my perineum just started to feel sore and open again.. BUT thankfully the liquid drops I ordered just came today and I am hoping/assuming that that will all clear back up in no time with the D - purely anecdotally - but this seems to tell me that my body NEEDS continuous Vitamin D as an ongoing part of the healing protocol...

• Posted

I am glad to hear that...but honestly its more likely the no sugar, low carbs diet that has stopped the thrush, and helped with the LS.  That being said I am sure the supplements have played a role..but remember its no secret that the main problem for LS flare-ups is Sugar overload and you have taken it out of your diet. Diet control is really the key to knocking back LS.   

I just felt I had to mention that so that other people dont think just taking the vitamin D and garlic supplements will make things okay.  

• Posted

I’m totally with you Guppy 👍🏻 

Sugar helps LS to thrive and do its damage that’s for sure.  

X

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, but I have been on the low carb and low sugar diet for 5 months and it has helped but I still had symptoms from yeast every now and then. It wasn't until I added the D and Garlic is when I have become symptom-free of the itching and tearing. I have even started eating a bit of bread on the weekends and still no yeast infection.

• Posted

Hi starlight, didn't you say that you had only been taking the Vitamin D for two weeks? and my understanding of Vit D is that you really need to be taking it longer than that, more like 2 months before you see such a marked difference....but hey we are all different.

• Posted

Hi Guppy,

My understanding is vitamins start working when they are absorbed and get allocated to areas of the body that need it the most. When the body has enough of that vitamin, it then stores it. So I think vitamin D3 was just the thing my immune system desperately needed to do its job. Everyone's chemistry is different, what may take one person 2 weeks, may take another 6 months.

I started researching Vitamin D3 after Nancy KB posted about it and she is spot on! I have even read that vitamin D3 deficiency has been linked to autoimmune disease and cancer. I hope everyone at least tries to incorporate this into their healing protocol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.