Vitamin d3 supplement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey i want to know if its safe to take 400ui of vitamin d3 supplement dailly as a side thing. I dont know if my vitamin d levels are full or low.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Since 400 IUs by todays standards is considered a conservative dose, its very unlikely that this would help or harm in anyway as the daily upper limit for vitamin set by the Vitamin D Council is 10000IUs. Dr Michael Holick of the Endocrine Society recommends taking 4000 IUs a day regardless of whether you're screening for a deficiency or not. Bottom line is, no this will not cause any harm as it's a very conservative dose.

• Posted

Hi Adam,

I take Vitamin D3 everyday, because my levels have always been low. I have to take 2,000ui per day, initially 20,000ui once per week.

400ui is a very low dosage, considering I take 2,000ui per day.

Regards,

SteV3.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.