Vitamin defiency or more sinister?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, didnt know where else to put this, but seen as its FBC related, I guess where else? 😃

Recently had an ECG because I have some fluttering and skipped beats in my heart, with no pain or pressure.

The ECG itself has came back normal I believe, and so did all other of my bloods (Lipids, Electrolytes, Glucose etc).

But one part of my test flagged up as abnormal ; the FBC.

Basically the doctor said that my White cell count was low (3.6 /L) and my Lymphocyte was also low (1.3/L)

I also have levels that are on the lower side of : Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and Ferritin (Iron). I get the following symptoms:

Dizziness every day

Weakness and feint.

Sometimes low blood pressure (never lower than 94/64).

The odd skipped heart beat.

Tinnitus at night

Fatigue

Sudden bouts of intense shivering (?)

What do these values mean? I am not asking anyone to diagnose me over the internet of course, but a low white cell & lower lymphocyte combined must point to something?

Any help appreciated, thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you're possibly aenemic, it can give you all those symptoms, it did me. if your ferritin and iron are both low. It can also give you an irregular heartbeat.

• Posted

could it be a b12 deficiency? Ive read low white cell count can be caused by this, alongside autoimmune conditions and other infections.

just scary and puzzling when I randomly have these shivering episodes come on suddenly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.