Vitamin E benefits and peri / Menopause ' for hot flushes / vaginal dryness etc

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just ordered some, to try out... 

Vitamin E

This is an important vitamin to consider at the menopause. Over many years clinical studies have shown its effect on reducing hot flushes. Vitamin E is also helpful for vaginal dryness and one study showed that just 400iu taken daily for between 1 and 4 months helped 50 percent of the women given supplemental vitamin E.

Although most women fear breast cancer, our biggest killer is heart disease. There is now such a wealth of information on the beneficial effects of nutrition on heart disease and unfortunately HRT has been shown to increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes. A study published in the Lancet showed that 2000 patients with arteriosclerosis (fatty deposits in the arteries) had a 75 percent reduction in their risk of heart attack when given vitamin E. At the time, researchers claimed that vitamin E was even more effective than aspirin in reducing heart attacks.

Jay xx

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yet another one Epileptics can't take according to the society for epilepsy.

The other two I know about are Evening Primrose oil and St Johns Wort

Think I'll hibernate smile

• Posted

Hey girl JJ I wil try anything.  Everything is drying up like a damn dessert.  redface
    • Posted

Hi Dottie 

Same here, my bits are as dry as Ghandis sandal 😳

Jay xx

• Posted

Hee Hee you got that right Jay!  I like you! redfacebiggrin
  • Posted

Do you need to run it past a doc before taking it Jay? X
    • Posted

Hi Trevis

For me no, wouldnt like to say for anyone else hun, i would doubt it, its vitamin sold on high street so would think  its okay .. 

Known to be beneficial in menopause etc 

Maybe google vit E interactions it may say what it may not agree with if anyone on drug type meds .. Be safe to check that way ... 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Travis... vitamin E is found in a lot of foods, google the list of foods, especially lotsa nuts I eat are great for menopause snacking,  Almonds without shell,sunflower seeds without shell, etc...I have a small Tupperware filled with sunflower seeds and I broke a plastic spoon in half that I keep in the container so I can easily pick up a spoonful and drop them in my mouth.  cheesygrin heehee. Great to keep in purse too for those annoying munchies!
  • Posted

I have been using vit E and Evening primrose oil supplements for over a year now. Initially I started using Evening primrose oil to help regrow my hair and really liked the results. Then  friend told me she had terrible breast pain during peri- menopause and her doc suggested primrose plus vit E. I read too that Evening primrose oil is supposed to be good for people with thyroid issues.

Both are certainly keepers. I don't know if this is why I do not have the hot flashes like other ladies I know or not. I have had crazy other symptoms but the hot flashes have been managable for me.

• Posted

Vitamin e inserted vaginally works really well it certainly gets rid of dryness and the feeling of sitting on a prickly hedgehog all the time. You can also use bitamin e oil capsules broken in half and put the oil in the vagina but I can't work out how to do this one!!! 

The vitamin e contains coconut as well so it's a double whammy it hits thrush as well. With all the info on here we are getting to be expert on all  aspects of menopause. 🌼🌼

• Posted

hi liz

thank you .....never thought about doing that.. Still waiting for vit E delivery..

i found some premeno duo vaginal ovules... On a uk web..

premo duo ... They do both too, ease the thrush feeling and the dryness..

bought a box of amazon uk £16 Grrrrrrrrrrr

then found a website called ... stress no more uk  and got 3 boxes of premeno duo for £20.00 & UK free shipping 😳

Also ship world wide...

thanks again Jay xx

• Posted

Stress no more is cheaper I will give it a go amazon is expensive but delivers quickly. It should have a site saying menopause this way. !!! 🌼🌻
  • Posted

Hi jay having spent some time reading up on vitamin e and possibly slightly annoyed

That the last vitamin e vaginal has caused an irriatated feeling!!! I'm reading that you need to test it to make sure you are not reacting ie on your skin first. Not all the stuff being sold is pure and these are mixed with coconut. You can buy empty capsules and fill with pure vitamin e which I'm off to try as it's only one thing you are using. Have included the info below it's all for using on soreness and dry

Compresses made with Aveeno

Calendula ointment (can be homeopathic or an herbal salve)

Comfrey ointment

Pau D'arco ointment

St. John's Wort ointment (note: may have a different efficacy than taking SJW orally)

Teabags (black, not herbal) moistened with either warm or cold water, and applied to the painful areas. Be aware though, that you CAN get wired from intervaginal caffeine absorption!

Vitamin E oil (can be obtained in gel caps, in small bottles from "Cabot's" company, or from Jason Natural Cosmetics Company.)

Note: not all the different types of vitamin E oil being marketed seem to work equally effectively, and some women may be sensitive to the oil -- do a patch test before applying it to a wide area. The two sources mentioned above are ones that have been used to good effect.

• Posted

hi liz

oh thank you for that info...

my E is from simply supplements, havent got it yet they shippes it out to me here in spain..

i only intend to take it orally ... so should be okay that way..

i remember years ago i was in Malta and saw a little bottle of natural Vit E , and it was sooooo thick it wouldnt even come out the neck of the bottle, so i binned it ... 😃

off for some Ovestin eatriol  later see how that goes, i shall only use half the recommended to try it and get use to it.. we can but try..

jay jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.