Vitamin E Oil

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI, I’ve been reading about the benefits of Vitamin E oil as a lubricant for our very sore ‘places’.  I’m having a flare up at the moment, I have been using Estriol cream for some months now just 2 x per week, also coconut oil which has helped but this is the second time recently that I have had a flare up.  I wonder if the Estriol cream is irritating me now. 

Any one using Vit E oil and could comment and give their experience and tips.  Much appreciated.

Thanks girls.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I use vitamin E suppositories. Alternate them with rapagyn or gynotrof supp.  I find them helpful. U buy them on Amazon 
    • Posted

Have never heard of rapagyn & gynotrof or seen them mentioned here. Were these prescribed by a doctor? Do they contain hormones? I assume you are using them for atrophy?

• Posted

I use a vit e oral capsule, 400iu. It is liquid oil inside - not so easy to apply - so I get a blob of solid coconut oil on the end of my finger, break open the vit e capsule and squeeze the liquid onto the blob of coconut oil then insert and rub around. I do that one a day. At night, on nights that I am not using the estriol cream, I insert a key e capsule.
  • Posted

Hi there, just wanted to say I'm also on the Lichen Sclerosus forum due to being diagnosed with that too. Mine is well controlled now, and have tried many oils etc myself. Olive oil is a very popular one for many women on the LS forum, and has helped keep my vaginal/vulva healthy. I use a pharmaceutical olive oil from the Superdrug store, not keen on the peppery smelling ones for cooking. I use my fingers to massage some onto myself a few times during the day/night. I'm on topical oestrogen etc too, but it may be what you're looking for.

• Posted

The Estriol cream you are using, is it a prescription medicine? I have heard about this cream on Amazon, but my OB GYN never mentioned this as a topical therapy I could use. Has it helped? I tried the other topical cream with estridodiol , but it irritated me. 
    • Posted

The estriol cream I use is called ovestin and it is prescribed. I am in the U.K. I believe it is not available in the US.
  • Posted

Hi Allyliv yes it’s on prescription from the doc.  I’ve been using it just twice a week for probably over a year now.  At first I thought it irritated me but I reduced how much I used and I got used to it.  It brought back my paper thin tissues to plump again but now I feel this may be causing my current irritation.  I fizz when I put it on now so I’ve  stopped.

I'm using the vit E oil recommended on here and that is nice atm.  I think it has calmed things for me.  

I’ve also been using coconut oil for a few months which has been very good but I’m wondering if that is irritating me now too.  I’d be interested to know if anyone else has had a reaction to coconut oil at all.

thanks to you all for your comments.

• Posted

I'm fine with coconut oil, but someone had posted in the past that she was allergic to it. I think that's rare.

I have just started using Multi-Gyn ActiGel which the packaging says may tingle. I would say it burns for about 5 minutes, but otherwise is pretty effective for other problems that seem to come with atrophy or menopause

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.