Vitamin E Suppositories

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone tried vitamin E suppositories for vaginal/vulva burning?  I just started taking Osphena today.  Thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi maryann- I’ve used the ones on amazon (Carlson) and they are ok (messy). The vitamin e softgels are working better for me tho just started. I pinch it open and spread plus get it inside before bed. Helps. Others just put the gelcap in vagina and let it melt internally. Both ways are fine. 
  • Posted

I have just started using the Carlson e suppositories. I keep them in the fridge and cut them into thirds. I have had no negative reaction. But, the first time I used it, things were very tender inside so it was a bit uncomfortable but nothing major. Going to try the softgels next. 
  • Posted

I have used them in the past. Not sure if they helped. I was just trying to keep things from deteriorating further. I will say that the first time I tried to insert the gelcap it was surprisingly painful and I had to remove it as I was convinced it had a sharp edge to it.

As I never had any problem inserting the chilled coconut oil it occurred to me to put some of the C.O. on the vit E gelcap. No further problems with it. Apparently the skin had been too dry and was pulling against the gelcap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.