Vitamin/supplement

Posted , 4 users are following.

1. Vitamin B complex

2. Multivitamin

3. Magnesium 250 mg although would it be OK to try 500 mg?

4. Omega 3 1000 mg caplet

5. 10 mg propranolol taken on its own not with the above.

If anyone has tried a combination like this or is planning to try this let me know. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I take magnesium fish oil multivitamin with iron and zinc and propranolol, mirtazapine citalopram and I've just started lamotrigine...I'm surprised I don't rattle lol 😊

• Posted

I'm planning on taking all the four except propranolol. I don't what that's for. I suffer from anxiety and heard they can help.👍

• Posted

Propranolol is a beta blocker that treats high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, tremors, mirgraines etc..  It's also known as the stage fright drug.  

Beta blockers work by blocking the effects of the stress hormones adrenalin and noradrenaline, which cause the physical symptoms of anxiety.  They block stress hormones which cause the physical symptoms of anxiety like sweating, panic attacks etc.  

• Posted

I used to take beta blockers for my Anxiety but it was Atenolol. Thanks for the info💕?

• Posted

My naturopathic doctor has me taking B complex, a multivitamin (Naturelo) that has everything but the kitchen sink in it.  It contains 300 mg. of magnesium.  I also have a glucosamine with Omega 3 supplement and Curcumin. 

I don't feel any different so far.  

I took propranolol a few months ago but I could only take a very small dose or my blood pressure would bottom out.  I had to stop taking it because I had to start allergy shots.  Propranolol blocks epinephrine so if I had an allergic reaction to the shot the propranolol would make it difficult to stop it. 

L-theanine has good reviews for anxiety but I haven't tried it.   

• Posted

Update

18/10/2017

Feeling a lot better, touch wood dizziness has not been as frequent and hardly notice it when it comes. Been exercising cycling to work 5 days a week 6 mile round trip.

Highly recommend this combination of supplements. propranolol optional extra lol. 

• Posted

Also added

Vit C

AND VIT D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.