Vitamins

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is there a multivitamin that is recommended for UC that is helpful and doesn’t have any side issues?  Thanks. Andrew

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There are liquid vitamin and mineral solutions with or without iron that are meant to be more easily absorbed. My son had UC flares where the food passed through his body very quickly so we were worried he was lacking vitamins etc, he certainly was low in iron. He had the liquid from the pharmacy which was recommended beginning with V, not allowed to say brands on here, tend to get deleted. He coped well with this. He also took a food supplement beginning with C which has Vits & mins in it. He was ok with milk so made this with milk, whole milk as wanting to put on weight. Everybody is different though. Good luck. Sheila.

• Posted

Thanks. I was diagnosed with Crohn’s about 25 years ago.  I was taking a vitamin that I can’t remember.  The Crohn’s went away according to my gastro and I was just diagnosed with UC.  It’s early on Sunday I’m trying to get a head start on vits and supplements.  Thanks. Andrew 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.