Vitamins best for hair loss?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease last December. I’ve been on Pentasa since January and have been doing really good on it. No flare ups!  I have experienced hair loss though. Thinking it might be from the medication. My doctor was not super helpful when I asked about it. He said try consuming more protein but I have and no luck. Does anyone have any advice for me? Looking for a vitamin to help with the hair loss but don’t know what to take? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have read that biotin is helpful when you have hair loss.   I do take it and I think it has been helpful but the medication causing hair loss has been stopped so it could just be that.   I was on Asacol for Crohns and that caused a lot of hair loss for me but I was switched to Pentasa many yrs ago and that has not caused any hair loss.  It has become less effective for the crohns so after I have a colonoscopy this month I probably will have a medication change    Biotin can be found with all the vitamins in any drug store.  I also have a biotin shampoo that I  have been using

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.