Vitamins for Anxiety and Panic Attacks?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys...it's me again! One question, I have read online and studied up on it and someone recommended maybe panic attacks and anxiety can be helped by taking magnesium, zinc, and vitamin-b6. Has anyone ever heard of this? And if so, my husband found something called ZMA by optimum nutrition and it has all those vitamins in it. I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of it helping with anxiety and panic attacks. So far it's been a little over 4 weeks since I started taking my citalopram and I've had 12 panic attacks since August 4th...on days that i'm not having them, I just have increased irritability and I'm emotional and exhausted. I know it takes a while for the citalopram to kick in, so i've been taking .25 or .5 of clonezepam. Just a question about the vitamins and if anyone has heard of ZMA. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you guys for helping me so much!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I dont think vitamins will cure the anxiety disorder just a good idea so the body bounces back when they occur. Its more of a mind thing and patterned behavior of thoughts malfunction thing. I do not use meds except the emergency xanax but it seems on here anxiety heightens for the first few weeks on meds then regulates itself. Try and forge thru the mess of anxiety until the six week mark and hopefully they will calm way down. 
    • Posted

Hey Lisa!! Yeah I can actually say I feel really good today!! My car battery went out this morning and normally I would have a melt down. I was late to work. But you know what? I laughed about it! And just shrugged it off!! I was so proud of myself! So maybe the meds are regulating in my system! I'm still having the tiredness and headaches but I know that'll go away. Plus I meditated for about an hour and a half yesterday. smile lol. I wasn't sure about the vitamins but thought it was worth a shot to asksmile as always, thank you for being here for me!

• Posted

I haven't really ever found a vitamin that helps any.. I mean maybe if the vitamins took away a few symptoms physically, it would help mentally but that's about it. (which still, you would be making sure your body is healthy so win win).. Just make sure with taking vitamins that have magnesium as it will sometimes cause heart palps if you have too much of it, which might heighten your anxiety and make it worse. I learned that one the hard way when they couldn't find out where these palps were coming f4om, then they realized not only was my citalopram giving me them, but I was also drinking a flavored water loaded with magnesium.

• Posted

That should say just be careful with taking**, in overly tired here lol
    • Posted

Okay!! Thank you so much! I've never really taken vitamins other than flinstones chewables. lol I tried the womens one a day a while back, but within 10 minutes of taking it, my body would reject it and I would throw up. So I've never tried anything else. I've been getting better about drinking plain water but I do love the flavor packets. And haha I get it. I'm exhausted and ready for a nap and it's 11:50am here!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.