Vitamins for Crohn's disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anybody recommend a vit/ mineral supplement for somebody with Crohn's disease. I'm on no medication but my diet has become very limited ,

all the best to you all.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, im pretty new to all this myself, but I try and take a multi vit without iron usually or a B vitamin supplement. I have low B12 and low folate and for many years had regular injections. Now I keep my levels just on the border of normal by taking oral supplements. My diet is shocking, I live on ham sandwiches, yet aside from low calcium my vitamin levels are miraculously hanging in there at present! I dont take iron as it gives me awful tummy ache rolleyes
    • Posted

Thanks , didn't think of that, multivitamin, without iron . 
  • Posted

I am new to all this wonderful Crohns stuff as well. However, I take a Complex B supplement, Folic Acid supplement and a Ginger supplement. Ginger is said to be great for your GI system.
    • Posted

I find the B complex a great help. I suffer from a really foggy head at times but find whenever I am taking B vits I feel so much better generally, less fatigued and much sharper in my head!
    • Posted

Thank you Jo, did B vits , do you know if they are difficult on the gut ? 
    • Posted

Oooh really? No I didnt rolleyes im not taking them at the moment as i wanted to see if my levels dropped quickly. I was having regular injections for B12 deficiency but developed a reaction to them so my GP said to take them orally!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.