Vitamins & Mineral Supplements post WLS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

So I am 3 weeks post gastric sleeve tomorrow (21/4/15). From the booklet I was given at the hospital it said to wait 2 weeks post surgery before taking the vitamin and mineral tablet. I was recommended Forceval by the nurse practitioner (which is a capsule and I am meant to split it in two and just swallow the paste) this made me sick, I have cut up a vitamin and mineral tablet, it also made me sick. Today I crushed the tablet that too made me very sick. I have no idea what to do next I have emailed the Bariatric nurse practitioner and I'm waiting to hear back from her but am wondering whether anyone else has had this problem and any suggestion please, thank you.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take centrum advanced tablets. The 1st few days after op I cut the tab in half, since then I just swallow it whole and thankfully haven't had any probs.
  • Posted

I would ring your nurse tomorrow - im banded but Ive been taking my tablets with a sip of actimel for each tablet and vitamin capsule x  
  • Posted

Hiya!

I have been talking centrum fruity chewable

They are great and taste like refreshers

You have to take twice daily

I would really recommend them

Good luck

X

• Posted

Thank you, got some today two taken with no problems, great recommendation 😄👍
  • Posted

Hi Mollymoo, I was given davit drops, which are liquid vitamins by my bariatric team, I have to say I thought they tasted awful, but other people thought they were okay. Don't know whether you could get a prescription for this from your bariatric team or GP. I think different areas say different things because I started taking mine before I was discharged from hospital. Hope things are going well for you, take care, Lenora x
  • Posted

Hi, I have always taken  multi vitamins A-Z, they are big and have always cut them in half, well my husband has for me. Theses were the ones I was told I had to take for the rest of my life. Asda usually have them on an offer three pots for £10. Give them a try, I have never had any problems with them in the last three years.

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.