Vitamins & Minerals helped me with withdrawals

Posted , 6 users are following.

When I read some of the stories on here I realise how much vitamins must be helping me. I came of Diazepam & Mirtazipine relatively easy in comparison to stories I've read. I just wondered if anyone else has taken Vitamins, or taking them?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

No but I'd be very interested in which vitamins are best espeacally the ones your talking xxxx

• Posted

Hi Carol, I take

Vitamin B Complex

Multivitamin & Minerals

PPMP ( potassium & magnesium)

I normally take 2 ppmp a day, but when I was going through withdrawals I took 4-6 no more than 6 is advised. The tablets must be from a health food store though. Xx

• Posted

I am on both of those and venlaflaxine. I am tapering the mirt atm. On 35mg now.

I take Omega 3

Vit d

Zinc

Calcium

Magnesium

Pro biotic multi vit

• Posted

How fast did you manage to come off each and from what dose ?

I am terrified of the withdrawals.

• Posted

I was on Diazepam 5mgs, 3 times a day for 3 months. Took a month to come off. Mirtazipine 15mgs for nearly 3 months, took 2-3 weeks. I felt I could have came of quicker, but was under Dr, so just went along with him.

I was terrified to come of diazepam, but once I came of them successfully, I felt I could manage Mirtazipine withdrawals as they are not as bad as diazepam.

• Posted

Well done. I think the 3 month useage duration will have helped you.

I have been on both for a very long time. 10 years in different doses of diazepam....stabke at 10mg daily now and 35mg of mirt....am tapering from 45mg....been on for 2 years.

Am going to do mirt first then the diazepam. As the mirt is causing me negative side effects.

Do you feel all better now ?

• Posted

Yes I take multi vitamins, a probiotic, omega fish oil, turmeric, and more and I’m feeling terrible coming off mirtazapine hate this drug can’t wait till I’m off it
  • Posted

Yes I take vitamins C, D and cod liver oil daily I think they're making a difference also take b12 as I have a deficiency

• Posted

Im comin off the mitrazapine too its just been 10 days im waiting om all these horrendous side effect withdrawels too come im absolutely terrified did you get any xx
    • Posted

When I dropped from 15mgs to 7.5 by halving the tablet, I had 2 nights, feeling edgy, sore stomach & didn't sleep good. Fine now 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.