Vitiligo heridetary

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi. Me and my gf wants to marry each other. But her mother is having problem of Vitiligo or white patch problem on her face and skin. She has 3 kids they are normal and they don't have this disease. His father is normal. My parents are worried that since its a hereditary disease. My kids or there future kids can get this problem from her mother. Is it true? Does this disease can prevail over generations because of one patient or family history.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A very few chances, I have vitiligo but my kids are normal
  • Posted

Does it stays in the genes? Means can your future family get it because of genes present in it.
  • Posted

Hi, my mother and her sisters have vitiligo, my mum never got it until she was in her mid 30s neither me or any of my cousins have it but 2 of my 4 kids also have vitiligo both had it at 1 yr old they are 7 and 10 now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.