Vitiligo on brown skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am 18years old and have vitilgo for about a year I am a Pakistani so I have brown skin and the vitilgo is very very visible. Any home remixes people have tried that have helped or any tips at all?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Nothing at home will help it. I have light skin and can use sunless tanning location to make mine less noticeable. If u have dark skin sunless wont'worj. Maybe try to find a dark makeup that will help cover it. It's very hard to find the color that matches your skin tone. I just got to the point I don't even try to cover it anymore. Mine has spread to 80% of my body and is now on my face. It's so hard knowing there is nothing u can do to cure it. I gave up a few years ago..

• Posted

Sorry to hear that man. I'm hoping mine doesn't spread or stays stays on my feet and back (in places that aren't visible).

• Posted

Have you tried steroid cream? My friend also has vitiligo but by using steroid cream it's become less visible

• Posted

Steroid cream never worked for me..... I did years with Puva treatments with Trisolaroen and it worked until they took the medication off the market....Reading about Vitiligo Green but would like to know if anyone has had any success with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.