vitimin D

Posted , 6 users are following.

I watched a food programme on the tv, andd it stated that mushrooms have VitD in them anD IF THEY ARE IN THE SUN THIS INCREASES, well i love mushrooms , any and even more so oriental ones and i may be stupid bit i do leave them in the sun for an hour or so, hubby laughs at me but hey ho i will try anything (within reason) to increase my VitD and since taking the supplements i have felt 100% better, i seem to be able to walk more now, (3 to 4 miles) i used to do 5 to 10 miles in a day before pre pred.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Margaret, after reading how much you used to walk each day, it occurred to me that even though PMR attacks older folks, they are mostly very active people who were always on the go. I think that's what bothers me the most. I did all the yard work, the cleaning, the house maintenance, volunteered at an animal rescue, ran an antique business, and now it's an effort to do any of it. Yesterday, I finally had a good day and scrubbed all the floors because I couldn't stand the dog hair and dirt. I freaked out when the puppy left a pile, and I'm not usually like that. Does the pred make your emotions go up and down? 
    • Posted

It can yes - the higher the dose the worse it is. But even PMR can have a decidedly bad effect on emotions.
    • Posted

Yes Anniecurd my emmotions are all over the place ask these good ladies, and gentlemen as i have  moaned to them about it, and crying is something i have just found i do , but i think like Eileen says this is pred as well , i am trying to reduce at the moment as the doctor at the hospital wants me to reduce to 5mg  by December but i only do it if i can using the DSNS method, Dr Bingham was a great lady and i would not like her to think i dont told as i am told, but reading what the other ladies say about reducing i think it might be a tall order.

The reason she wants ne to reduce and come off pred, is she is not sure that  PMR is what i have, its great to have somebody who knows what they are doing.

I was the same before pred, i walked everyday to walk 1.5 miles  there and back sometimes in all weathers snow up to my knees some years, came home tea ready for hubby who drove to work, and laughed at me when i said how wet i got some days, did all the cleaning in the house on my own, gardening etc , now the tables are turned and John does more than me as i cannot even dig the garden anymore, kneeling is the worse for me as ithe pain in my feet is unbearable when i do, so hes learing how to clean the oven its funny watching him, but bless him he does so well, as hes not 100 percent himself.

You have a good day and sending hugs.xMags

• Posted

Hi Margaret,  some may say miserie loves company, but funny how it's kind of true but I don't feel it's negative...saying I guess since we understand each other on this forum it's somewhat enjoyable (?) to hear each other's stories...why...I don't know... I do not wish ill on any of us.. Saying this because I feel for you so much...  We just built a home in the country...we bought this property with grand plans of me running again, riding my bike on the country roads, building a big garden, landscaping, me doing paintings and drawings, ... And like you... Thank goodness my husband has stepped in, though I still have to clean house and it's just clean enough, ha!! I too have dog hair! My mind won't let me do art anymore. My back pains keep me from walking (don't think that's PMR)... And yes just started BOWEN! smile 

BUT!!! Heard the other day "this too shall pass"... New mantra. wink 

many blessings to you and everyone! 

• Posted

One more note...Yall just make my day with the conversations and info!  Mushrooms! Love it!! Though Yall make me hungry! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.