Vivd dreams all night and waking up completely exhausted?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've had sleeping problems for a while now, but lately it has just got unbearable. I'm literally so miserable and depressed and at my wits end. I have a constant headache, mood swings and overwhelming fatigue. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am on mirtazapine and currently trying to come off of it. (Note that I had this issue get worse before I started lowering the dose). My night feels like it lasts forever and I am in bed for 10-12 hours a day and still feel exhausted. I have no problem getting to sleep anymore, I pretty much fall asleep instantly, but I wake up on average 5 times a night and just fall back into the same dream when I go to sleep again. The quality of sleep feels incredibly light and I remember every single dream. It feels like my brain is never shut off and I definitely feel like that when I drag myself out of bed in the morning. Has anyone got any advise? I really need some help with this as my thoughts are everywhere. I also have generalized anxiety disorder which only makes things worse for me, thanks for reading.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So your not getting deep sleep to have brain shut off. Either you not tired when you sleep or having anxiety issues due to stress ans anxiety. Try yoga and meditation. That should work.
  • Posted

I'm going through this exact same thing. I'm going to try GABA starting tomorrow night if it arrives like it's supposed to. GABA is supposed to help shut off the REM dream cycle that is causing this problem for both of us. It's supposed to give us more SRS- Slow Wave Sleep which is the deep sleep cycle. I wake up every morning feeling like you. My dreaming seems to never stop all night long which makes us exhausted in the morning. I hope this helps as I don't have many other ideas yet to try. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.