Vivid Dreams - how long did they last?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone experienced the vivid dreams, if so do you still get them or did they eventually go away?

I've had vivid dreams before starting sertraline but since starting 3 weeks (50 mg) the dreams and crazy every night. Usually have 2 dreams a night, 1 will be just kinda weird and almost normal but another will be almost scary/nightmare. They don't really bother as i know they're just dreams but they do make me wake up a bit anxious. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yeah I get them sometimes use to have nightmares when I was a kid a lot. Dreams are dreams they can make you anxious but you know there not real. Keep a dream journal maybe your subconscious is telling you something idk I should prob take my own advice lol. Funny enough once we wake up there’s a neurochemichal reaction that makes us forget a lot of the dreams we have. Have a great night and sweet dreams lol
  • Posted

I still get them 3 weeks in, but I love the vivid dreams!! Best side effect out of all of the other bad ones!!  
  • Posted

Yeah i get them every night now, i know the feeling. So far mine are usually just weird, but sometimes nightmares, almost puts me off going to sleep. ( which im not doing at the moment as my latest side effect is insomnia LOL!) I find it can almost be exhausting dreaming so much all night, well thats how it feels. Im hoping it will settle down, most of the side effects do Ive noticed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.