VIVID dreams on mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have taken VALDOXAN FoR 8 months but still woke up 7 times a night .. only started mirtazapine a week ago put myself on 7.5 mg but i am having wonderful vivid dreams to the point i wish they were true .. i am on holidays in hawaii i andi am going on a cruise to thailand .. just beautiful i dont want to wAKE UP

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah the dreams you get on it are unreal. I miss taking it for that reason. But they did seem to ease off after a months use. I had to give it up cos it was causing too much weight gain. Craving for southern fried chicken.

• Posted

Your lucky, I too take 7.5mg and have very vivid dreams but never being on a cruise!

There not nightmares but never that good. Your right though sometimes in my dream I actually wake myself up saying this is NOT a dream, it's so real.

Without this small dose I can't sleep at all, have tried but sleep deprivation is not nice.

• Posted

Oh yes i have been on it for 3 years! My dreams are awful nightmares. I am trying to taper off now. I am down to half a 7.5mg. I know that is just a tiny amount but I am very sensitive to medication. I have put on 35 pounds and weigh the most I have ever weighed. Back to the dreams, I wake up and do not know what is real, the dream or the present. It scares me half to death. I just want off these psych meds. Anyone taper off successfully? When did you jump off?

• Posted

Oh yes i have been on it for 3 years! My dreams are awful nightmares. I am trying to taper off now. I am down to half a 7.5mg. I know that is just a tiny amount but I am very sensitive to medication. I have put on 35 pounds and weigh the most I have ever weighed. Back to the dreams, I wake up and do not know what is real, the dream or the present. It scares me half to death. I just want off these psych meds. Anyone taper off successfully? When did you jump off?

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.