VN or ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am still undiagnosed. From my own research I am figuring this is VN or MAV. My question is can this be VN if I never really had an acute phase? It started out as brain shifts ( brain is moving not the world) and it has remained as that for almost three months. It is pretty constant all day when turning my head or my eyes. Also have plugged ears and tight head.

Does VN always have an acute vertigo phase and then come in episodes? If so then I guess that is not what I have....

Jen

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Could be labrynthitis - post viral - can come on with a bang or quietly. Have you seen a doctor?

lnds

• Posted

Yes I've seen an ENT and neuro and had an MRI but they weren't very knowledgeable about this kind of condition. So now I have to wait for further referrals. Trying to figure it out on my own as much as I can....

• Posted

Get a referral,to a. NEuro,Otologist.  A straight Neuro only mostly deals with the brain, not vestibular system. You need someone who knows both!
  • Posted

Without a sudden onset of intense vertigo, then this is not VN.  You mention the possibility of Vestibular Migraine.  Do you have seperate episodes of migraine without vertigo?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I've never had vertigo per se. I would call it more like movement of my brain at a different speed than the movement of my head. I also get dizzy just moving my eyes. Motion sick as well.

So you think without the sudden onset this is not likely VN. I am what I would call dizzy every day. I also get headaches every day. Last night I had a right sided fairly instense headache. I also have plugged ears and a vice like grip around my head. Should I then be going down the vestibular migraine route do you think?

• Posted

You say you have seen ENT.  Was an audiogram done?

• Posted

I'm not sure. She only did two things. Used a machine to put noises in my ears. Said it was fine. Then looked at my sinuses and said I don't have a sinus infection. She wasn't very helpful.

• Posted

Did you answer if you heard the noises or not?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.