Voice

Posted , 2 users are following.

I guess this is a weird one but with depression has anyone had there voice change? Maybe have to clear there throat more before speaking? Also lack of appetite? Just eating because you have to?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi pipboy I have anxiety and some times my voice gets a little high and always seem to be clearing my throat like there is a lump in it and yes I feel like I have to force myself to eat and tend to eat a lot of soft food and plenty to drink I get a really dry mouth that drives me crazy tina x
  • Posted

Hi pipboy101.

I noriced as my depression had gotten worse it happens if I'm more stressed it happens too.

I didn't believe it until I was talking so quietly and finding it hard for the words to come out.I was even pushing my windpipe to speak louder. I was really worried

I had my throat checked had someone feeding me whilst they xrayed/ videoed me there was nothing wrong at all there.

.My Dr said it was stress and depression that's triggering it .i noticed when something bad happened or I was in a bad situation it would come back more.

I really thought I had something bad going on but no Anxiety and stress can cause this.

If you are worried see your gp they maybe able rule anything out and explain what's going on.

Take care.vicky

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.