Voices

Posted , 3 users are following.

Still hearing voices, or at least I think I'm hearing voices. They might be real? I'm not sure if the people I'm seeing are real or not, if I'm still having conversations with people who aren't there..

My antipsychotic meds still aren't working, and my depression is at an all time low. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere on Christmas Day and my family are on holiday. So I can spend tomorrow and the next few days in bed where I'm most comfortable. That I'm greatful for.

I just wish I wasn't here at all. I'm so sick and done with this life and with trying to make it work. The best present to myself would be for it to be over

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi inmate

I disagree with your choice of present! The best present would be for you to feel well again. I understand how frustrated you must feel if your medication is not giving you any relief. Are you taking it regularly? Or have you just started something new? I like staying in bed too, but once i have forced myself up, i start to feel better. Is staying in bed something you really want to do or is it because your family is on holiday? I know you are feeling low now, but tomorrow god willing you will feel a little better.

It may be worth putting the TV on and try and concentrate on the programme, this may help you ignore the voices.

god bless xx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine. I genuinely want to stay in bed, 24/7! I don't like any light or noise and just like to be alone to try and work through my thoughts. Although I'm never successful.

I have been taking my meds regularly for about 8 weeks and have had dose increases, but as yet they're not helping.

I hope you're having a good day Lorraine xx

• Posted

Hi inmate

so sorry you are not getting much relief from your meds. Which ones are you on is it citalopram?

How you doing now? Eight week's in is a long stretch without no relief.

Blessings to you xxx

• Posted

Not feeling any better today, it just hurts so much. At least I don't have any interactions with people to deal with at the moment which is a godsend.

No my AD is Mirtazapine and my antipsychotic is Amisulpride.

• Posted

HI there

Just want to let you know that it is Christmas night here in the UK, I don't know where you are, but I am thinking of you and praying for your best mental health.  I don't know if you believe in prayer but if you don't just consider it as positive thoughts down the web.  I used to get intrussive voices and thoughts, I'm diagnosed bipolar II, but probably bipolar I really. I take risperidoine and citalopram which seem to control it these days.  I'm very lucky in that I have a loving mum with whom I live and we have had a very peaceful and relaxing day, OK, I may have drunk too much, but thats OK, its the least of my worries,  I wish the voices would leave you and that your self esteem would be on the up, please don;'t give up on life, its possible to get through it as I have proved.  Love and blessings Lizzie xxx

• Posted

Hi Lizzie. I am also in the UK, and am diagnosed with Schizophrenia and depression. I'm not religious myself, but Thank you for your kind positive thoughts and wishes. Maybe my meds will kick in soon.. Or maybe I will need to swap yet again. I just feel like I'm treading water and getting nowhere

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.