Voices in my head

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I’ve dealt with anxiety for 3 years now and I keep getting these random voices in my head. I don’t physically hear the voices. But it’s like when you’re thinking you can hear your voice in your head. Random voices and words/sentences appear in my head. Like I said I don’t physically hear them like you would hear someone saying something in your ear. It’s just in my head, I don’t think about it or anything? It’s just very random. 

For example, I could be out and a random word would pop in my head or when I’m trying to go to sleep these words and voices will start appearing in my head. 

This is very confusing, I don’t even know how to explain it myself. I also get weird thoughts that I don’t want and they won’t go away. Please help me, I know it’s confusing but does anyone know what it is? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leanne,

Firstly how awful I’m so sorry.

Sounds like intrusive thoughts which is a sign of anxiety

I get it too, especially at night and it causes insomnia.

I’m sorry you are going through this, have you sought help? GP, psychiatrist? Psychologist?

• Posted

I can relate to what you experience. I have it too for example if i fall asleep. I've heard it's quite normal because the brain is between being awake and falling asleep and there's something happening in the brain thar can cause this. So me and i know many others have that too. smile

• Posted

Hi Leanne,

I suffer from intrusive thoughts aswell, they can be quite debilitating. It's a concurrent symptom of low serotonin, anxiety and depression. I took a nose dive with anxiety and depression the other week and have been obsessing over thoughts and themes since then. I also notice I have a particular song playing in the back of my head when I'd try to go to sleep. It does improve in time and looking into pure-o ocd may help you further.

Alex

• Posted

It’s common with anxiety. I have to listen to either meditations for anxiety or nature sounds on you tube. I do like the Meditations where there’s a voice that guides me through feeling better when I am anxious.  Otherwise I lay there and overthink and get random negative thoughts.  Find A counselor who specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy. Hope you feel better soon 
  • Posted

I know exactly how you feel I get this all the time but even sometimes I end up talking to myself because of it and the word will fall out my mouth or something it’s hard to explain but I get you
  • Posted

Hi It sounds like intrusive thoughts. I was wondering if you  are taking or have taken any medication?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.