Voices in the head.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello.

My friend is suffering from this issue where voices are controlling her actions by where she is feeling paralyzed while the voices are basically controlling physically and mentally but she is there aware but unable to do anything. She gets it when she is stressed and upset. Please help me out and please does anyone know what I can do to help her. I really need your help. Does anyone know how to get rid or cure this please. May God bless you always. :'( im not so sure what does this fall under.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

This I’m afraid sounds like psychosis

There are drugs which can stop the voices, but they come with a lot of side effects. They’re called antipsychotics.

Usually psychiatrists initiate antipsychotics rather than GPs.

Has she seen a doctor?

• Posted

Its difficult. Everything depends on her behaviour.

Hearing voices alone isn't necessarily an indication for antipsychotics.

But if her behaviour is being hugely affected - that's when treatment may be necessary.

If she looses touch with reality or is at risk of suicide or harm to others. You can take her into A&E or if necessary call the police. Hopefully it wont come to this though.

• Posted

AraVind

It is important you get her to see Her GP. and explain what is going on. this is very important.

Be firm and kind, support is also important.

If you get concerned or frightened you can call the NHS Helpline They will Triage and decide if help is needed.. They can also arrange a visit from the Crisis Team.

You have a long pathway to follow and it can be very lonely, be there for her and I wish you well. You may end up deciding any courses of action that are not what you  really want. Good luck

Remember you have your needs and expectations and will need to follow those.

BOB

• Posted

Bob, can I know what do you mean by "You have a long pathway to follow and it can be very lonely, be there for her" and "You may end up deciding any courses of action that are not what you really want. " 😣

• Posted

AraVind

What I am basically saying is, for a person to get better it can take

an extended period and not something that will take a matter of weeks, it will take months and sometimes even longer. You will be in this for the long haul.

Consider your future options and be sure this is what you want, you may in the future want to walk away 

Reading above contributions I understand She has no GP, to treat this condition needs medication and plenty of support. She needs drugs to stable her condition. I do not know what type of relationship you have here and that, takes you to the bottom line, Is this relationship going somewhere or are you getting involved into something you could regret later.

Let me put it this way, my Wife looks at me and calls me hard work, because of my health and she has to look after me

• Posted

She is my girlfriend and I really look forward in starting a life with her. For now , if she is happy then she is alrite .
  • Posted

Hi AraVind,

Sorry to hear about your friend. It's diificult to witness someone close to you is seriously mentally ill. Your friend requires immediate psychaitric attention. The symptoms you have described are schizophrenic psychosis. The psychiatrist should also have a through medical examination, physical, blood work etc., to rule out a diseases undetected that could also be an underlying cause as well. I suffer from serious treatment resistent bipolar one. I experience psychosis when I am very, very ill. Remember to mention to your friend that the longer he/she leaves the disease untreated, the worse it gets and more difficult to treat. I am sorry your friend is ill and I hope there is relief soon for her/him.

• Posted

:'( I will. I hope she doesn't break down so bad. But this only happens if she is too stressed or otherwise if I hurt her emotionally cuz I mean everything to her. rolleyes

• Posted

It is not going to be easy. And I feel for you both. Get the supports professional and other support groups and try your best each day. She needs to stick to a regimented treatment program including taking her meds and not tinkering at all with it. Your wounderful to care for her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.