Vomiting after eating/drinking

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone.

my girlfriend is vomiting every time after she eats or drinking, regardless to what she eats or drinks. We Are entering the second month of Vomiting and she also lost alot of weight (6kg) due to those vomitings. She's not Bolimic/pregnant/have cancer of any kind and the doctors don't have a clue.. She's been in the. Hospital for a month and right now and it looks pretty obvious that the doctors are clueless.. I really need to know if you guys knows something about it or can direct me to someone that had it/friend had it and the doctors find out what it was/diagonsed with when it happened to you/them. I would love for a quick answer so i can push the doctors to test it.

Thanks ahead to everyone that will help. You can mail me freely, i will take any advice i can get.

Thanks again.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Vomiting after eating may be a food intolerance.  This the first thing the doctor should have checked.  A food diary would help to pinpoint any food reaction. Without doing a food diary, it can be difficult to identify a possible allergen.
    • Posted

You may have to change your doctor if the ones you have seen are not helping.  If she is vomiting water, there must be something else causing irritation in the stomach. Endoscopies, stomach emptying studies, an abdominal ultrasound and CT are some of the tests you could ask for.
    • Posted

pippa58442,

Is yogurt a FOFMAP food that would make me bloat?

• Posted

Yoghurt could be a problem if you have dairy intolerance.  Prebiotic yoghurts often have hidden irritants in them too. It depends on what your food triggers are.    The best way to tell is by trying yoghurt to see if you react to it.
  • Posted

Hello all.

The issue hasn't been resolved yet. I would love to hear more ideas on how to solve it.

• Posted

Hello all.

The issue hasn't been resolved yet. I would love to hear more ideas on how to solve it.

• Posted

The issue hasn't been resolved yet, i would appreciate any help i can get. Espcially from somone who had it in the past.

• Posted

Have you found out anything yet? My daughter is going through this as well. Its been for 8 months and she has lost so much weight!! We have been seeing doctors, having test after test done but still have no answer. I believe she may have gastroparesis. Only, she can't take the test to prove it bc she can't keep anything down. We thinking about going to the Mayo Clinic now.

Your girlfriend is so blessed to have you by her side. Thank you

• Posted

Any update , I got the same problems !!   I've been vomiting after eating  or drinking, and  I yellow vomit every morning while I brush. No food is in it, but it’s very bitter and yellow. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.