Vomiting and bad headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've suffered from this for 30 years now. I'm ok and then all of a sudden I begin with a dull headache and a feeling of hunger. The next day I wake with diarrhoea and begin to vomit soon after. This lasts for 24 hours and I am left with a very bad headache. Over the years it has meant days off work and missing important family and social occasions. I have been treated by doctors and naturopaths, most recently by a homeopath - counsellor. I feel that coffee, chocolate and alcohol sets attacks off but don't know what the cut-off point is. Alcohol is virtually gone from my life but I love coffee and chocolate. I try to be measured as I would feel that I have no treats at all but is the answer to cut these out? No medical or other practitioners have felt this is an issue. My doctor thinks they are a type of migraine but the medication sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. My homeopath - counsellor believed the attacks were emotional but I have stopped going to her as I find it depressing talking about all the negative things in my life. Ring any bells with anyone? Thanks for any advice.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You know that the answer is to cut out coffee and chocolate. Better to have good health than treats. Chocolate and coffee can trigger migraine.

Did the homeopath give you any remedies? They treat the persion, not the disease so they need to understand you. The usual remedies are Nat Mur, Silicea or Kali Bich.

• Posted

Thank you for answering. The homeopath gave me nux vomica and previously phosphorous, calcarea carbonica ostrearum and sepia officinalis. 
    • Posted

I've been to two homeopaths. The first one was also an NHS GP but did homeopathy privately.

The second one I went to was not a doctor and was useless.

If you look at  the website of the British Homeopathic Assciation you can find details of each of the remidies by name.   

• Posted

With my limited knowledge it seems that the remidies you were given were for diiferent 'types' of person. Don't know if it is still in print but the Homeopathic Development Foundation published a booklet (my edition is 1983) called Homeopthy for te family. It lists the most used remidies and what they are used for and the most suitable type of person they are for. They have an index of ailments and symptoms and the suggested remedy.

It was good value for50p:-)

Local libraries usually have quite a few books by homeopaths a most derided profession. But if the Royal Family with access to the best doctors use it ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.