Vomiting and upper right abdo/back pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi ive been vomiting for pretty much every day for 5 months, with no other recognisable symptoms up until yesterday where, after sicking up dark brown vomit, i have had bad pains in my upper right abdomen radiating to my back. has anybody else had these similar symptoms with the vomiting? ive had no appetite since the brown vomit and struggle to keep water down.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

have you gotten any tests done like endoscopy? was there anything specific that triggered the vomiting like food poisoning or something?

• Posted

hi mate had endoscopy about 8 weeks ago but no diagnosis or biopsy taken due to have anoyhet in 3 weeks

• Posted

i had a bad stomach flu in february, but been vomiting daily since start of may. sometimes 1 or 2 times others 15plus times without keeping water down.

• Posted

I've been sick for a long time and I finally had surgery to fix it I had very bad acid reflux disease and a very bad hiatal hernia

• Posted

hey thanks for your reply. i do feel as though its acidic with me, more undigested food mainly. its usually after every evening meal in particular, ive tried to change my diet but this hasnt really changed anything. hope youre sorted after surgery

• Posted

do you feel full quickly after eating? its something called gastroparesis where food doesnt digest in your stomach. you probably would benefit from a stomach emptying test.

if it usually happens in the morning, then i would say acid reflux. it also could be due to stress or anxiety where you can mentally be making yourself nauseous from worrying about it. or even cyclical vomiting syndrome. but if nothing was found in the endoscopy, thats a good sign that its nothing major for the most part

• Posted

i do feel full quickly yes, and dont get much of an appetite. doesnt really happen in the morning, usually by evening its worse. the endoscopy was a couple of months ago now so i do worry that all the vomiting and internal pain could lead to something serious

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.