Vomiting everyday for a month, tests came back normal

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i have been sick with nausea and vomiting everyday for about a month now. The first 2 weeks of being sick i had diarrhea as well but it has gotten better since then. There is some pain and cramping in the abdomen as well. The throwing up is random throughout the day, sometimes i will throw up once i wake up in the morning without even eating anything. Other times i will throw up after eating and sometimes after i smoke. I thought it all of this could be a side effect of a birth control pill i was taking so i stopped taking the pill. The vomiting stopped for about 3 days then continued again up until now. I went to see 2 different doctors, one said that it is because of the birth control still being in my system. The other said that it was not caused by my medications and thinks it could be gallstones. So she sent me to do blood work to check my liver and pancreas and a stool test to check for infection or parasites and then an ultrasound to check my gallbladder. All of the tests came back normal. My doctor is now getting me to do a CT scan to further investigate and some blood work to check for celiac and something else. I am still waiting to do those tests. I was sure this was gallstones because i had all the symtoms but the ultrasound is clear. What else could this possibly be? Is there anything the doctors should check for but hasn't?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I’ve heard HIDA scans are the most accurate to check for gallbladder issues. Could also be gastroparesis? But I didn’t read that you had symptoms such as feeling full after eating a small amount or bloating or anything if that nature. 
    • Posted

I have been bloated as well also been eating less. I will ask my doctor about a HIDA scan.
  • Posted

Ive been poorly like this many times , but all were due the something.. pregnancy... e coli .. diverticulitis mistook for ibs ... hated the feeling of sick and bad tummy, the combo was nasty and got me down , how much can you consume at one mealtime and how long does it stay in you.. be it vomit or poop ?

• Posted

I am used to eating large amount due to my Binge eating disorder but ever since i got sick i can only eat smaller amounts. I will vomiting maybe an 1 hour or 30 mins after a meal but not all meals will make me vomit it is completely random.
  • Posted

It still could be your birth control pill still being in your system. Not all doctors want to admit that their medications can be toxic for us.  You could ask for a gastric emptying test and endoscopy. Try a food diary to see if it is something you are eating that is upsetting your stomach. 
  • Posted

Have you had a pregnancy test since you have been off the pill? You can still get pregnant on the pill and if you take a test when you are on it, the result isn’t accurate.
    • Posted

I can't be pregnant, I've never had sex before. I was on the birth control to help heavy bleeding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.