Vomiting for one year 53 yr old male

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I’m a 53 yr old male that’s a traumatic brain injury survivor and a brain tumor survivor also. For the last year or so I’ve randomly been vomiting sometimes pretty violently other times just little bile. A very sour taste in my mouth. I’ve also been having trouble (sometimes ) swallowing like when I brush my teeth and sometimes that causes me to vomit. 

Any ideas? I also a pacemaker. I’ve read it could be a gastro issue but also cancer. I’m worried about that since I’ve already had a tumor although benign and in the brain,

Any idea or help would be appreciated  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Are you getting any headaches or any of the other symptoms you had when you had the tumour? Ask for an MRI or CT of your head.
    • Posted

No headaches but my neurologist is so reluctant to order anything much less an MRI. I’m not happy with him, he’s very passive. I have epilepsy as a result of tumor and TBI btw
    • Posted

I would see someone else and ask about these scans so that you can be reassured since you have a history of brain problems.
  • Posted

So sorry to hear. It could be acid reflux. Do you feel a lump in your throat like something is stuck there? Try an antacid next time you feel nauseous. Get some tests done - endoscopy, ultrasound, MRI and perhaps blood work. Good luck. keep us posted.
    • Posted

Thanks, don’t think it’s acid reflux. There is no correlation to when I eat at all and I have no typical reflux symptoms. No feelings of something stuck.

It’s very frustrating and concerning. The vomiting is so random I cannot find any correlating activities 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.