vomitting again

Posted , 1 user is following.

6 months after gallbladder removal and I am still vomitting (about 6 times so far). It seems to coincide with not being able to emptying bowels properly (even though I am Normacol granules). Eating is poor too. Not sure if it is post removal probelms or my hiatus hernia/Barrett's. Nevertheless I feel miserable and in pain. Just had to cut another holiday short.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yeah youre not having much luck are you :? Your Colon cant be right if its playing up so bad, have any of your Doctors considered sending you for a Colonoscopy to make sure everything is in order? smile If its any consolation after my episode of similar illness Ive ended up in the same boat with severe IBS, theres nothing to be done but pills to take sad
  • Posted

It's a blessed nuisance. I haven't eaten a main meal since last Monday. My weight is down to 11.3 from 15.11 and my body is weak and achey. I saw a doctor on Thursday but she wants me to see my own doctor on Tuesday when she is back from holiday. I see the gastro consultant on 17th Nov so he may suggest tests. I have not been given any pills for IBS. I have have severe nausea and when I had some soup yesterday it came back within 15 minutes. I feel as though I have had a mild form of flu without the sniffles. Had my jab on the 15th. Nausea a little eaiser today but feel very weak. My asthma is much worse too. Sorry to hear you are still suffering Dr Spock. It is so frustrating when you just want to get on with life. We have 2 grandchildren living with us so we have tobe well to look after them.

Happy days!

• Posted

So you arent suffering from any jaundice or anything like that,, any itching? smile Ah dont worry about me its just one of those things, atleast I can get everything I need :D If you are still suffering from spasmy pains in the ex gallbladder area a IBS medicine called Merbentyl (Dicycloverine) is well known and prescribed to help, lol, excuse me always pushing medicines :roll: :lol:
  • Posted

I appreciate your advice. I am feeling much better now and managed to eat some beans on toast and low fat snacks today. We have some viral infections going on around here and certainly a lot of people were sick (mainly children) in the hotel so I hope it has been that. No itching or jaundice. I haven't go the aches today just felt weak from not eating but as I say much better today. Did have some blood spots on my arm this morning (has happened before) but I think my skin is very thin. will try and eat something substantial, as far as I can, tomorrow. Thanks for your concern.
  • Posted

Its always the same with these gut problems, from day to day you never know how you are going to feel :?
  • Posted

I am feeling much better now and the doctor feels I have had one of the horrible bugs that are going around. (I suspected that when I had the aches and sore bones on Saturday) I had become dehydrated but I am eating ok now and passsing urine ok. She has arrange a blood test re the blood marks to check my liver and blood clotting.

The good days are soooo much better than the bad. Light at the end of the tunnel!

• Posted

Ive got the achy cold / chill / flu at the mo aswell :lol:
  • Posted

Sorry you are not well. Keep warm and drink plenty. hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

How are you now? smile Ive got to go to the Doctors soon but Im a bit worried about it because of my last \",, wait, you ARE a Doctor arent you?\" outburst when I had a stone :? :lol: Ive had some rather unpleasant developments this last month or so, Ive got to admit Ive pood the bed a few times with ruinous slime and Ive got to be ever so careful having a plump at any time :oops: :lol: I smell of poo :oops: :lol: :cry:
  • Posted

Feeling better. Think I had a viral infection. Blood test shows white cell count is low (potassium). Doc feels as a result of infection. Wants me to eat beef, fish etc. I wish.

Sorry you are having problems. Didn't realise you had a stone when you had your outburst. How does that happen when the gallbladder is out or am I getting confused?

You sound as though you are having a rough time. What do you think is happening now?

I see the gastro man next week so will be interested in what he says. Even my doctor had to admit today that there has been a massive change in my appearance. At least the vomitting has stopped for the moment but my body still fills up with painful wind. Oh joy.

Take care. Keep us updated.

• Posted

My whitecell count is high, far higher than normal smile

In my opinion Whitefish is probably safest (less fat), Monkfish, Cod etc and its really nice smile

Heres a quick recipe, 'Whitefish Parcels' :D

Place a chunk of Whitefish in a open foil parcel, drizzle with the tiniest amount of Olive Oil, add a few sprigs of Basil to taste, add 2 or 3 softened whole Vine Tomatoes (fried, grilled, hot water trick), preheat oven to 180 lightly twist the foil parcel/s and bake for 10-12 minutes,, Merci beaucoup, Bon appetit :chef: :D

Oh, yeah, didnt they tell you, unfortunately you can still get Gallstones even when you have no Gallbladder, theyre smaller and sometimes you feel them every mm of the way along, made me a hunchback for a few days last time :D Youve just got to hope none get stuck smile

Im not sure whats going on botty wise, I suspect it must be Bile or maybe Oil (technically it reminds me of the side effect of Orlistat (a weight loss drug), orange oil) smile

Hmm (sorry if youre repeating yourself) and the Gastro man has looked down there a few times and found nothing? Otherwise Id wonder if you have a Stomach Ulcer or something as they can well make your Colon feel blocked and Intestines seeming to ache and gurgle with phantom wind or disproportionate pain compared to the actual very little wind being produced (you hear the glug, glug, glug? The belly organ :note: :note: :note: :lol: ) smile

Yeah good luck with all that, in the ideal world it should settle down smile

Ive probably said this before, Ill always remember a old lady who told me in a secret tone, \"psst, it only gets worse you know?\" :shock: All this is what getting old has in store for us :D Really, oh joy :roll: :D

• Posted

I have only had one camera investigation (Jan) and am due another one early next year. He found no cancer or ulcers just the large hiatus hernia and a 4cm segment of Barrett's mucosa.

No one has told me that gallstones can reoccur. That's a bit worrying.

I am just having the joy of doing the bowel cancer screening test that is being sent out to the over 60's. Don't mind doing it as my Mum died of bowel cancer so will do the samples to be safe rather than sorry.

Getting older is no fun. Some people sail through and others don't. I also have a bad stoop and that contributes to the back pain and digestive problems.

I feel that things are settling down but the side effects of the conditions are annoying and sometimes painful. Wish they did an adult version of the gripe water we used to give our babies!!!

Thanks for recipe. Unfortunately I have to avoid tomatoes because of the Barrett's.

Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.