vulva

Posted , 4 users are following.

7 weeks ago i had an operation to have  pre cancerous cells removed from my vulva, has anyone one else had this, i am still sore, Last week went to doctors he thought i had a bit of thrush, but it came back clear, now its sore on a another bit of my vulva, any feed back would be appreciated.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I also had this done 6 weeks ago and still have sore area also, I went to doctors to get checked and had infection so given antibiotics so feel little better now, still hurts to sit for long time, when do.you have your next check.up due,? I use an.ice pack for short periods of time and these has eased pain, hope you feeling better soon. It can take a while to feel right again, give yourself time and plenty of rest.
    • Posted

Hi, my next appointment with consultant is in February. The doctor took a swab last week and it came back clear, he thought it was mild thrush as there was a bit of white there. Now its sore the other side. I didn't have alot of discomfort after operation, the surgeon she done it very neatly. I still haven't worn any knickers, and been wearing palanza trousers, but its getting colder now and aren't very warm. Hope you're feeling better soon 😊 x

• Posted

Sorry meant the palanza trousers aren't very warm x

• Posted

Hi, that seems a long time until follow up, mine is in November, so only 3 months after the surgery, I would contact doctor or consultant again and explain your concerns, this is so annoying isn't it, yes know what you mean about finding clothes to be comfortable in, take care and hope you feeling better soon.

• Posted

Hi, thank you for replying. I had my operation on the 31st july, then on the 10th August i saw my consultant and he was very pleased at how it was healing, he made an appointment for me to see him in february for check up, he told me i would have regular check ups. Are you in the uk ?. Hope your feeling better, Take care x

• Posted

I wonder if the irritation down there could be down to nerve endings, the consultant told me on the 10th August that it would be healed by 3weeks, which the scars have healed, I thought everything then would be back to normal , I wonder how long it will it take, sorry for keep textin you. Take care 😊 x

• Posted

Hi no problem in keep messaging, happy to help where I can, I think everyone heals differently and for me it has been a good 7 weeks and just started to feel bit normal, although still not brave enough to make love with my husband, sorry maybe TMI, lol.  I am so lucky he is very patient and kind, 

make sure you are not using any kind of perfume soap, I just bath in salt water and have showers. Take care and hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

Hi Nicola, my consultant told me after the operation, to get the shower head, and and move it up and down movement  down below for 10 seconds  3 times a day, as he said it would remove any debris and stop an infection setting in after the operation, also he said to make sure to put shower head to the backside area too., he told me not to sit in the bath no more than 5 mins. Was your operation to remove vin ? .Take care x

• Posted

Who sent you for op was it your doctor or gyno 
    • Posted

Hi Gillian, what happened was i  caught herpes alot of years ago, and in may last year i thought i was having an attack of herpes, took the medication for herpes & it didnt ease at all, fed up with keep seeing the doctors about it, i went to ICASH ( vd  clinic  wink  the doctor there told me it wasnt herpes it was VIN, He told me to go straight away to my doctors and to tell them to refer me to the vulva clinic, which i did, and on the 31st july this year i had an operation to remove the VIN, hope this has been helpful to you.

• Posted

sorry for the smiley in the reply pressed by mistake
  • Posted

I actually had surgery six months ago as I have vulva cancer.  It took me ten weeks to feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.