Vulva burning and soreness

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Had vulva biopsy done recently.  Showed no cancer or infection.  I was taking bioidentical hormones for 2 years.  My new GYN advised me to stop taking them since I do not have night sweats.  I also am dealing with incontinence.  I was taking Myrbetriq for a year but had to stop it due to blood pressure increase.  Can incontinence cause this vulvar burning and soreness.  I am using Clobestatol, a steroid ointment and aquaphor.  I am hoping someone can tell me if they used something else to help with these symptoms.Any advice is appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies


6 Replies

  • Posted

    HI MA, The two most common infections behind a burning feeling are Yi's yeast infections and BV bacterial vaginosis, which throws off your vaginal pH and can create a burning feeling. Otherwise, certain STIs like chlamdydia or gonorrhea may have burning as a symptom. And some people associate the burning feeling that accompanies a UTI with burning in the vagina, because the urethra and vagina are so close together on the body.

    Are you waering cotton nicker unsexy but very important, keeping out of tight cloths like leggings, tights, jeans and trousers, and last hope your not wearing FEM pads? in fact throw them away.

    Have had your hormones checked out, any being out of whack would not help.

    Do you shave your pubic hairs of, as its a great place for fungal infectiond to hid in, so no hair no hiding place.

  • Posted

    Hi MA, just done some research on Myrbetrig and found a link to Hypertonic Bladder and high blood sugar from taking the drug, high blood sugar give you that burning feeling.

    Its something you could go and get checked out.

    • Posted


      Thanks for your feedback.  I just had extensive blood work done.  My hormone levels are fine and I am not diabetic. I stopped the  Myrbetriq in April due to increase in blood pressure.  I still have some incontinence so I do wear an all cotton mini pad which I change a few times a day.  I see a new GYN and Urologist this week.  I hope they can help me.  Also, no STD’s.  Not sexually active for many years.  Thanks again.

    • Posted

      Hi MA You can have high blood sugar and not be diabetic, and you can get a kit to check it out.

      Sorry I had something written down and forgot to add it for your incontinence, that should help with your leakage, have you ever done Kegels, there a simple little exercise for your pelvic floor, now you can either search on google for them and do find how to do the reverse ones as well, or you can find a physiotherapist who works with the pelvic floor, its a specialist kind of thing, if you want to go that way, but the muscle we use to stop our urine, this could be part of your problem, as the sphincter that's controls it has gone weak, and the only equipment you need is you, and you can do these anywhere you like. eve standing in the supermarket queue, or driving your car.

      Hope this is of help.


Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up