Vulva LS and easing bad pain or itching

Posted , 15 users are following.

I know for me, I have times where I barely feel that I have LS (well, relatively speaking as far as LS goes!). Then I have really bad days. Also, I realize there are triggers like bike riding, wearing tight trousers etc., I thought it might help people if we put here what we do on those days to ease pain or and itching. 

Or, other odd symptoms we get. 

We could break it up into perhaps (activity we were doing if any) 

Activity that set off the bad bout

Pain or itching and what we used to ease it.

The other day I had a really painful day. I looked like I had been scalded for some weird reason. Very red and sore. I hadn't done anything that day that I can recall. The only thing I can think of is, I ate sugar? 

I used ice and vaseline, not my normal combo', but hey, it worked and it might help someone else. 

I'd really love some input and perhaps this can help ourselves and each other. Love to you all. x

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Since the use of baking soda and borax I have very seldom a bad day.  Provided I keep my strict diet as well and regular dilation.

• Posted

Forgot to mention - I ride my bike without any problems, though with a special saddle.
    • Posted

Hi Hannah, sorry for being ignorant what is regular dilation please.
    • Posted

It is to stretch the opening of the vagina.  I use for that a dilator, comes in a set with various sizes.  You start with a smaller one and gradually increase the size.  At present I do it twice a week, but in the beginning I did it more times per day every day.  As lubrication I use coconut oil.
  • Posted

I think this is a great idea,

I need to get back onto some sort of exercise,

Not sure what to take up?

After a bad bout,i go back to basics,

Cool baths hydromol and dermovate ointment,

I always wash down there in aqueous cream,

Loads of love xxxxx

• Posted

Hi lorraine, do you use a aqueous cream wash? or just the cream? I'm curious. I'm using something the Doc gave me called, Dermol. It seems OK. 

• Posted

Great idea Callianne. It's so good to share as a way of support. Things that

affect me are like yourself, tight jeans. Also sitting for long periods and car

or plane Journeys. Whenever I am home even if things are calm, I either wear

loose joggers or a dress and never knickers. When I get a flare up I take lots of warm

baths with bicarb. If I have splits or open sores then I use white soft parafin and

steroid ointment. If just inflamed itchy and sore, steroid ointment and coconut oil.

I am however, about to trial Epaderm.

• Posted

hi Wero so glad you are finding this helpful. I can relate to all above. Oddly I don't get 'cuts', well hold thumbs. I find the steroid (clob?) makes it more sore. Not 100% sure of it.  I love coconut oil, at times though, I can't use it, it makes it irritated. So I switch between Emu oil and Coconut, lately vaseline. I never wear knickers. Horrible things they are. 

• Posted

Hello Callianne, I am not able to use Clob either. It was the first steroid I had but made my condition much worse. I now have Betnovate which is really effective. Vaseline is a little like white soft parafin but a bit harder so not as easy to work into splits. Glad you don't get them, they are evil.

Take care. x

• Posted

Hi, I bought some pure cotton knickers and they irritated it, so from now on I'm not wearing knickers. I'm going back to see the vulva clinic next Monday as I haven't yet been diagnosed with LS or LP yet, for the last 9 days I've been using dermovate and hydromol twice a day, haven't had any more lesions but still a bit sore, thanks for your input, it eases my mind x

• Posted

Hi, I've got to go to the vulva clinic on Monday, I haven't yet been diagnosed with LS or LP yet but my symptoms relate to yours, I hadn't had a flare up for a year, then the 27th. April it was very sore, the next it wass really uncomfortable & when I looked there was an open sore with bits round the edges, also I had white streaks either side of my clitoris, took a photo of it. After seeing 3 different doctors, showed him photo and he gave me dermovate and told me to put in on twice a day, last November when I was at the vulva clinic she gave me hydromol, the doctor told me to put it on after the dermovate, its eased alot but its still there, thank you for listening x

• Posted

Hi there, I haven't been diagnosed with. LS yet seeing vulva clinic 15th of this month I think she will do a biopsy this time, I don't know what has triggered this episode got it last Thursday again, open sores very uncomfortable its easing off now ( I hope) off to docs this morning just to make sure, went to walk in centre Saturday morning she was clueless gave me thrush cream, spoke to chemist about it she said not to put it on an open sore, told me to use sudacream or vasilene, used the sudacream it eased it a bit, will let you know what doc says. Take care x

• Posted

hi chinney

I read your other comment so know you are back from the Docs. I wanted to know if the ulcered part was the LS? I have a part that is very sore. Sort of like a 'sore'. The Docs have seen it, never biopsied it.So has the consultant. Bit confused now. As to what parts are LS and what parts are ulcering? I'm glad you feel better tho'cheesygrin

I find mine gets very sore just before my period.

• Posted

The only way I can describe it is, you know when you get a blister on the back of your foot and it burst, that what it looks like, last year in may I went to a VD clinic thinking I was have an herpes attack, he asked me who told me I had herpes, and that I had lichen planus, but the consultant at vulva clinic didn't think it was., before the sore splits its very red and sore, I think 2years ago I kept getting what I've got now and was treated for herpes. I don't get any periods, I'm post menopausal, I'm 59. Hope your feeling better soon xx

• Posted

Hi, meant to ask whether your skin tears, cause I think when mine tear they turn into lesions x
    • Posted

Thank you chinney, I had the exact same at the beginning, what looked like a burst blister. Black and red. Gosh, all this time I thought only mine had started that way. Hugs to you. xx (I'm 54 and peri). My skin does not tear but feels like it could if that makes sense? The texture has changed. It's become thinner. 

• Posted

Morning  callianne, plz excuse my ignorance what is peri  plz, also last nite i put a pillow between my knees when i was in bed, that seemed to eased it during the nite, hope your ok, take care x
    • Posted

Hi Chinney 

Peri is peri-menopause, just before the menopause, which I believe can cause vulvar atrophy at times. We can get quite dry down there which just aggravates everything. It can even make us prone to UTIs and just general issues. I use coconut oil to keep it moist down there which helps. Or Emu oil. The pillow seems a good idea. I've tried ice packs there at times when it is bad, as well as a fan blowing on 'it'. Lol whatever works hey. Hope you feeling better. x

• Posted

Hi, I am post menopausal,  i don,t feel dry down below it actually feels quite moist. since going to docs monday, he gave me dermovate which has clobetasol in it, i have been using it twice a day morning & nite, and once that has soaked in, doctor told me to put hydromol on to seal it, its alot better than what it was, its still there, its still really red,, its a bit sore at the top of my clitoris, its a pity you cant take a paracetomel to take away the pain lol, hope your ok x

• Posted

i have my second appointment at the vulva clinic at the norfolk & norwich hospital on the 15th of this month, about 3 weekks ago i used Nair ( hair remover down below i wonder if that started it all off again, it takes over your life lol, thinking was it that or was it this. take care x

• Posted

Oh good! Sounds like you are getting better treatment than I am at the Docs. However, we learn from each other, so I'll bring up the hydromol next time I go. Some ladies are lucky and get moister there! So that works in your favour perhaps. I'm no expert though for sure. Keep us posted?? Also, I avoid putting anything that could irritate me, like even regular soap so yes Nair could have triggered it. TC xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.