Vulva Problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this so I'm not sure if this how you do it, but I will cut to the chase. I have had constant, itching, burning, tingling, redness, discharge, swelling, and uncomfortable feelings in my vulvar region for 3 freaking years. I have been tested for yeast OVER and OVER and OVER again. Always coming back negative, I have tried everything, Diflucan, oatmeal, ACV, baking soda baths ( some relief ) coconut baths ( some relief ) oregano oil, probiotics ( some relief ). I knew something was WRONG. But all these idiot doctors were missing. Yesterday I was diagnosed with candida lusitaniae. IT IS NOT TESTED IN ROUTINE YEAST CULTURES!!!! Make your doctors check all strains. THEY MISSED this bc it is NOT common and WILL NOT show up on the test, and DIFLUCAN will not kill it. I went to Dr. Marvel in Annapolis, MD. He also treats pelvic pain. I start Itraconazole tomorrow bc of course they don't have it in stock. After I finish two weeks of that I start Boric Acid suppostitories for 6 months twice a week. If they keep testing for yeast and BV and can't find anything yet you have the symptoms of those, ask to have a wider range tested, the kind of test that will take 2 weeks bc they will grow it out in the lab. I am hoping that this is the problem and that these medicines will fix it. Hope this helped

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you had back problems at all as sometimes it can be referred pain from trapped nerves . I have pelvic floor weakness and mild prolapse . I get burning and swelling discomfort too .

Have you tried pelvic floor and core strengthening ?

• Posted

My doctor said I have a tight pelvic floor...I was supposed to start therapy, but honestly I don't have the time nor the money. He said it was too tight...

• Posted

Look up habit DVD by Tasha mulligan . She has a website loads of great info .

Also low back stretches help release these muscles . Lots of workouts to follow on YouTube .

• Posted

Morgan, the itch I had stopped when I began drinking WATER to flush myself out.  Being dehydrated can affect your female areas, urine, tissues, etc.  I kept thinking, WHAT is causing me to itch?  Who would have thought something so easy would stop it.  So now I try to drink plenty of water daily.  It’s been months and it hasn’t come back.  I didn’t have a discharge, just an awful itch and burning. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.