Vulva sore help!! not healing!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I’m wondering if someone can help me, I’ve had this sore down below for over a year and it just won’t heal, I went and got it checked out at a sexual health clinic, but the lady just said it was a cut and it will heal on it’s own, a year later and I’m so embarrassed of it and it’s still there, it started of as a pimple which poped. Then it became a hard white growth with a whole in the middle. It doesn’t itch, it is just uncomfortable. I haven’t been to get it checked out again as I’m more embarrassed now, please could anyone help me with any home remedies or advice anything?!! I hope this makes sense. I

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Now that it has changed from a pimple to what sounds like a cyst or ulcer you need to get it checked out at the sexual health clinic again. I wouldn’t recommend home remedies as those can make it worse. You need a diagnosis first to know what you are dealing with. It could be genital herpes which starts off as a red pimple then turns white and ulcerated at a later stage. You need to get this diagnosed.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Any sore that doesnt heal should be checked out ,especially as you have had this for over a year..

    It may be something like a Bartholins cyst which is very common. Please dont be embarrassed.  Better to know what it is and get proper treatment than use  an OTC remedy which may make it very sore and doesnt heal at all.

    If you dont want to go to the clinic then go to your own doctor. Ask if a lady doctor can see you or the practice nurse.


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Don't be embarrassed, I'd advise just going to see a doctor about it. That's what doctors are there for, after all.   Home remedies are okay if you know what you're dealing with, but this sounds like something that may need antibiotics.  Could just be a pimple and your immune system could just need a little help with antibiotics.  And don't stress!  If it was anywhere else on your body, say a cut on the finger that refused to heal, you'd go see a doctor, right?  Well, you've just got one in a more sensitive place.  Nothing to be embarrassed about, think of it as giving your doctor something to do to earn his/her salary.

    Good luck!


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up