Vulva swelling and pain - what is it??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

i am hoping that others out there have had similar symptoms and can help...i am going on nine months now with this.

I have swelling, and clitoris is larger than ususal. i also have a rash which i can semi control with cortisone cream. discharge is unusual and ranges between runny and white and chunky white.

i have a skin mass or lump on the RHS next to vagina opening. i can only see/ feel the lump when i am sitting or standing. it disappears when im lying down.

it hurts to go to the bathroom. and everything swells up more when i go to the bathroom.

does anyone have any of the same symptoms or know what this is??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

• Posted

I would ask to be sent to a dermertoligest that will determine what is the problem I agree with stopping other treatments till you get a proper diagnosis

• Posted

ive seen three gynaecologists and two dermatologists.. everyone is stumped 😦.

ive been referred to a new gynae next week so fingers crossed!

this is just so tiring 😦. 9 months of consistant inflammation sucks

• Posted

yes! I had something like this!

Stop the cortizone cream and go to a Dr! Mine was a really bad fungal infection and I created a chemical burn from the chemicals I was putting on it! Cortizone or Lotramin etc made it way worse! Cool bathes 2-3 times a day and if you can lay in bed alot with a fan on it that helps! ice pack 10 min 2-3 times a day and take anti-inflamatory pain meds. The lump is a concern that a Gyno should look at!

Good luck!

• Posted

thankyou!! It might be that still! i had a positive for candida tropicalis in Nov last year which might still be thefe . what meds did you use for the infection? ive been taking itraconazole which hasnt done too much.

i will def try the cold baths

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.