Vulva varicose veins! Can't take this anymore

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 22 and a virgin, and over a year ago I had some unrelated issues (vaginal infection) which got treated, but my family doctor didn't understand what I was feeling and honestly neither did I. but now that it's summer my sympthoms got worse and upon a google search I came into a certain conclusion: this one sided vulva swelling that seems to go away when I lay down or apply pressure to the area could indicate varicose veins. I started applying ice and wearing compression stockings and that seemed to help, but all it takes is for me to squat in the toilet or sit down for my vulva to start swelling and the veins on my labia minora to bulge out... I also get the typical pins and needles feeling when it happens,and the area starts to turn into a darker red from the blood pooling...

Could it be due to pelvic congestion syndrome? what should I was the gyno when I see him in september? ( delayed due to this pandemic)

I'm tired of this swelling, heaviness and pricking feeling and I feel confused as to why I am getting is only on my right side and while I am not even pregnant, (which seems to be the main cause).

I need help!

*Will attach some photos but keep in mind these are at a slighlty upright angle because It was the most comfortable way to take them. Meaning that the labia was not fully swollen yet. I circled the areas that swell and can be compressed back down with my fingers for a few seconds before starting to pool again.

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

omg I'm having the same issue, i also posted this question.. mine is massive and purple compared to yours but I understand and sympathise truly. did you have any updates? I keep putting my legs up and same as you all it takes is for me is sit down and its bulging and the pressure is unbearable the Dr said she will refer me to gynecologist but I'm still waiting.

• Posted

Is there an update from any of you ladies??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.