Vulvadinia and atrophy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone had the 2 diagnosis at the same time?

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lee,

in 2013 I was diagnosed with vulvodynia, which at the time was considered to be part of my premenopause. I had repeated and persistent thrush, thought to be due to hormonal fluctuation and increased fragility of the vagianl wall (trauma, even microscopic can cause thrush). So the atrophy and vulvodynia can go hand in hand. The vulvodynia lasted for one and a half years. What do you want to know? How I cured the vulvodynia (so now I only have the atrophy to deal with)?

• Posted

Sure..i dont know what i have,just certain about the atrophy and ongoing irritation,aches and pains
    • Posted

What also soothed the vulvodynia and made it bearable was Saginil gel, designed specifically for vulva pain. It is only available in Italy, but because it is not classed as a medicine (rather a supplement, because it is made from natural plant extracts), you can buy it online direct from the manufacturer, Epitech - but post is expensive.

Coconut oil is also soothing (used inside and out) for both vulvodynia and atrophy) - see other discussions on this forum.

• Posted

Conventional treatment with steroid creams did not help. What did help with the pain was amitriptyline (helped me to sleep) and what finally got rid of it was a combination of the amitriptyline, Western acupuncture, pelvic floor exercises, and manual desensitisation (massaging the area daily starting with just a few very gentle strokes, and slowly slowly building up number of strokes and pressure until the nerves register touch as touch and not pain). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.