Vulval lichen planus - advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi,

does vulval lichen planus cause itching etc? i keep seeming to be extremely red down there ans then back to a normal colour but always feeling aware of the area but no real other symptoms. derm gave me betnovate and said it looks like a eczema rash - but not so sure . sounds silly but is therr a possibiljty me chdcking and looking could cause this inflammation?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, only thing I can suggest is never to use soaps.

And, sounds nuts, I thought so when I read it in a health supplement,

but never wear black nickers!

Apparently there is a chemical in the black dye not found in other colours.

Also not using panty liners as they contain chemicals which you may be

sensitive to.

Try not wearing cotton ones.

I changed to mercal and went onto white; pinks; blue colours and hey

presto! No problems.

• Posted

thank you! ive been prescribed a soap subsittute wash but as of yet ive got no better and its upsetting me so much i feel like im more emotionally affected now than physically - never knew that about hnderwear! thank yoi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.