Vulvar burning on and off

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I am a 28 year old female. not sexually active. I have had a history of UTIs over the last 5 years. My urologists assures that everything is normal and nothing to be worried about. He has put me on vitamin c and cranmed tablets. After the last UTI incident , I have been having a burning in my vulva, left labia. In fact I have had this before as well. This burning is there just on and off. It doesn't seem to cure permanently. My gynaecologist examined and told that there are some ulcers down there and she prescribed to apply candid V gel for 7 days. Although the ulcers healed after that, the prick/burn in the left part is still there. The doctor put me on a course of anti viral meds as well. Even that didn't help completely. She said that there is still a minor lesion in left side of fourchette (which is where it hurts) which could be a remnant. I still have this ongoing burning feeling there. I have been using only cotton under-wears and cotton sanitary pads. I try not to wear any tight clothes too. But none of that doesn't help beyond a point.What I have noticed is that the burning intensifies during night time. Sometime I wake up from sleep with this burning. Also, I think this may be related to the fact that recently I have been stressed a lot. One of my past urologists had hinted at the possibility of this being a psycho somatic disorder. I am inclined to think at the possibility of that too. Do you think it can be cured with stress management? Are there any mechanisms to control this? I want to heal this forever. Any feedbacks are welcome.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ask to have a biopsy done that will determine if you a skin condition there are several conditions it could be

• Posted

If they think its psychosomatic then it may well be vulvodynia. Many of us who have / have had vulvodynia have been told it is all in our heads. Do you get pain from just a slight touch, e.g. with a cotton bud?

• Posted

I get pain when touched on this particular on left. The pain is mild most of the times, but at times it hurts with more intensity

• Posted

you could have vulvodynia on that side. Infections, physical injuries and stress can all contribute to the development of vulvodynia. Vulvodynia is notoriously difficult to get rid of but it is possible. It took me 2 years. if you click on my name it will show my posts and you need the one called 'how i cured my vulvodynia'. Other women have posted their success stories on there too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.