vulvar lichen planus

Posted , 5 users are following.

****yes it bothers me bad someways when clothing touches the area .... yes it is hard to put cream on and it stings i have no white areas really most red and had a biopsy diagnosis too it is horrible.....

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

have you tried to use borax and soda soak. i use a sitz bath and it really helps with the itching.

• Posted

no can not put nothing there at all no soaps powders nothing sometimes you cant even pat with toliet tissue......just use luke warm water all cotton clothes no tight fitting clothing at all...if you have progressed to vulvar lichen planus and been diagnosed with a biopsy like me you need to keep looking at it to see if it is progressing take care **

• Posted

I too feel underwear makes things worse it is so sore and red. Going back to doctor today as steroid cream useless, have probably been using too long. Will ask about one of the creams suggested earlier I think it was something like Eladil but will check before I go. I keep checking with this forum to see if any other sufferers have found anything new. It making me so miserable and I keep wondering if I have eaten or done anything to make it come back.

• Posted

hello no new information yet am sorry tho i am not on here much

• Posted

hi there...... just wondering how you got on? did you get any relief or have any advice? I've just assumed this is what I'm suffering from as I've had oral lichen planus for a couple of years and have been treating what i thought was thrush or BV unsuccessfully for months now. Now we are in the throes of the covid 19 crisis and i cant get to see a doctor but my GP has prescribed a cortisone ointment over the phone, Daktacort., After 2 weeks of daily use there is no change. i just feel so dry and sore and irritated though not really what i would describe as itchy. Do you get anywhere with the creams you were prescribed?

• Posted

hello i am not on here very much i do have lichen planus scalp.... vulvar.... and inside the cheek some...... i was diagnosed by my dentist first ,,,,but thankfully so far do not need meds for it orally ,,,,,, i just watch what i eat like high acid foods tomatoes and high oxalate foods that causes it to flare more for me ,,,,,, it will make it worse it seems .....keep it your teeth flossed and clean regularly use the mildest safest toothpaste and others possible ..... take care

• Posted

for vulvar lichen planus was prescribed cloebetsol

• Posted

yes i bought some lichen exe at amazon and it seams to help with my itchy legs. you can try it but so far im happy with the way it helps the dry spots on my legs

• Edited

i have lichen planus myself and they have sent me to a dermatologist and they have me going to the light box.i go 2 times a week but some places its healing and other places it dont seam to do anything. t ordered lichen exe off of amazon and it seams to help. its a cream and you use it 2 times a day. But mine is really itchy.

• Posted

hello i am not on here much but would like to know where your lichen planus is located.....i have on my scalp and vulvar too .... i have heard of light therapy but really dont much about....mine is not itchy at all it is more like a burn and awful .. foods with high oxalate seem to make me worse because when you urinate it makes it burn more ...it seems take care

• Posted

forgot to mention i also have it orally tho do not need meds yest for that

• Edited

mine started on my stomach i have it own my back under my arms back of my legs front of my legs on where your panties go in the creases of your legs . My dermtoligist to me i have the worst case they have ever seen . That why they having me go to the light box 2 times a week.

• Posted

i have lichen planus myself and they have sent me to a dermatologist and they have me going to the light box.i go 2 times a week but some places its healing and other places it dont seam to do anything. t ordered lichen exe off of amazon and it seams to help. its a cream and you use it 2 times a day. But mine is really itchy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.