Vulvectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 36 years old and I have had problems with the HPV virus for years. I've had two leep procedures ( treatment for dysplatia of cervix) two wide local excision of vulva and just two days ago I had excision and laser ablation of vulva. I've had three surgeries in the last 5 months. My dr recommended I do the HPV vaccine which I have gotten 2 vaccines and yet the dysplatia still spreads quickly. Anyone else have issues with the rapid spread of the disease? Any questions or concerns about recovery I can answer for you as I almost feel like a pro now. Sad but true!!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am 60 years old, really almost 61 years old. I started having problems almost two years ago, I had a total hysterectomy in 2003, so I could only get problems in the inner and outer lips as well as the backdoor, seeing that this virus seeks out any dark moist area that it can reach. I started having Vin 2 the doctor could not remove all of the infected area, without leaving me with a colostmy bag. Now I just found out that it's now Vin 3. I have an appointment with Moffitt Cancer center this month sometime, to find out what they do next for me...???

• Posted

I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. All of my affected areas have been vin3 also. I'm in my 4th day of recovery after having the laser in several different spots. I've heard it's more painful than excision. Even my dr told me to expect more pain this time around but I'm actually shocked by the lack of pain so far. I'm not even experiencing much pain in the two areas where he did do excisions ( though not a lot of stitches this time around)

• Posted

Had some more surgery in June 2017, almost healed. More specimen tests December 28th, if still VIN3 or cancer means more surgery in the first of New Year 2018
    • Posted

Both my surgeries have been with stitches that painful enough. I am guessing the next surgery will be with the laser ablation...
  • Posted

I am 34 and I've also had problems with the HPV virus for over 10 years.  I also had a LEEP, I think when I was 22.  Three years later I contracted a horrible case of genital warts that turned into VIN and I've been battling VIN ever since. I've had many many laser surgeries and tried almost all the topical. Nothing seems to work. I am at the point of considering a skinning vulvectomy to remove the affected skin. My case is so widespread across the vulva I am just wondering what would be left, recovery time, etc. This disease is so so so frustrating and scary! I feel very alone with it. Anyway, have you had a vulvectomy? What is it like compared to laser?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.