Vulvodynia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am at my wits end with this sad.... I am 27 yrs old and I have had 4 months of burning and itching. It started off with positive Gardernella infection -I am prone to BV. I thought it was a yeast infection as I have never felt burning like that with my previous infections. Anyway.. Ive seen 2 gyno's, my PCP, and now a urologist. All urines and cultures come back clean.. but still the burning. I am just so beaten over this... I have tried everything to find a solution and none have come. I am now on an amitriptyline 30 mg but it hasnt helped a whole lot. I worry to, because I have a history of depression and drug abuse and I worry how anti-depressant will effect me. 5 years sober and counting!

Anyway, I am looking for some advice on a COOLING cream or gel that i can use to take some of the edge off. The urologist gave me lidocane gel today but I frankly dont feel any relief from it. Any suggestions? How do I live with this?? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations on your sobriety. Please don't let this get you down. I am alot older than you but my burning is menopause so my doctor prescried Estrace. Have you tried Clobetasol? It may be vulvodynia. Hope you feel bether soon. I will pray for you. The good Lord will not let you down.

• Posted

Congratulations on your sobriety. I too will be praying for you. I don't know if you are saved, but Satan is a trickster. He will attack any way he can. He knows your weaknesses. Don't let him defeat you... This too shall pass.

• Posted

hi Sweetpea i too have Vulvodynia like many other women out there. I too am on 30mg amitriptyline but this helps me a great deal. i pour water over my bits when i pee as i get very irritated if i dont and the amitriptyline then does not help. go to the vulvodynia web site and  follow a link to a private group on facebook. there are many women on there also men as it is for pevic pain, V and pudendal nerve problems. the knowlege on there is amazing. I personally do not and never have had  any yeast problems but many women on the website do.  Some women on the website use  vagicooling products and they work for some but not others. This condition varies from individual to individual , so what works for one does not work for another. You really need to get on the web site, im currently going to try magnesium as this is very benificial, but please you need to join the group im so glad i found it the support and knowledge has been a life line . Gps are not very helpfull. xx  
    • Posted

Amanda i will certainly check out the site! Can I ask what amitriptyline your on? My pcp put me on cymbalta since my gyno was unwilling to do anything. I was considering elavil due to the research I did on it that said people have had success with it but I am on ambien already and my pcp feared the drowsy effects and its other side effects in combination with my current med.
  • Posted

Hi Sweetpea.   I've been reading a lot of ladies on this site having problems so I decided to give my experience in the hopes it will be of some help.   I had a similar problem to you (I'm 55) and I had all sorts of diagnoses from various doctors and nothing they prescribed helped.  Then I came down with gastro-enteritis and couldn't eat for around 5 days: and the horrible painful itching downstairs cleared right up!  That was my first clue that I was probably sensitive to some food or other.  I did an exclusion diet, slowly re-introducing different foods, and I found that one of the main triggers to the itch was whenever I ate potato!  I'd never even had a problem with it before, but it seems that as I've gotten older, I can no longer tolerate it.  I cut it out of my diet entirely, along with it's plant "cousins" - I found I get a painful itch if I eat any of the Solonacea family, including: potato, chilli, tomato, eggplant, capsicum (I believe they're also called bell peppers?) and tobacco. If I occassionally accidentally eat one of this diverse family, I find that an anthistamine can relieve the symptoms now I'm not overwhelmed by eating them every day.  I hope this helps you - best of luck!

Minamii 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.