Vulvodynia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I've recently been diagnosed with vulvodynia or so my gyne thinks I've had every test at the gum clinic tried thrush treatment and antibiotics seem to flare it up down there and make it more sorerolleyes I have inflammation at the opening which is quite sore and feels horrible to touch does anyone else have the same problem or symptoms? Oh and sex is impossible 😩 .....

Looking for advice

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi sophie .

I recently posted something similar - after all tests possible I was left with no answers and impossible to have intercourse. I'm 5 months in and after using all the creams and antibiotics under the sun I've learnt a few things.

I still suffer from the soreness at the opening, and other related issues but I wanted to post what I've found has helped me -

Salt water baths (sea salt)

Tea tree pessaries

Staying away from jeans or anything alike

Sleeping completely naked down there

'YES' organic lubricant - as a soothing agent

Hope this helps even a little x

• Posted

Hi Emily thankyou so much for replying to me 🙏🏻 Funny enough I have just had a salt bath which I always find some comfort from. Do you suffer from inflammation? My skin inside looks red and sore it's so frustrating I keep thinking if I need to go back down the gum clinic incase they got a test wrong I find it so hard to not have much of a physical relationship with my partner I've been prescribed lidocaine gel which burns but takes away some pain also just wish it would go away 😩

• Posted

Yes it looks really sore and inflamed - which I'm almost grateful for otherwise the doctors would go for the 'psychological' route (seen as all the possible tests done were negative ) until they saw that there is undeniably something wrong. I had the same as you, all tests were redone and redone just incase something was missed but as expected, nothing 🙁

I also had a biopsy, which just showed that there was inflamed cells so they sent me to a dermatologist who said possibly lichen planus (auto-immune disease) but it only looks red and sore not the traditional LP . Maybe have a look at that condition or bring it up to your gyn?

I really hope you get some answers, it's horrible not knowing what the reason behind the pain is when it's so debilitating!

• Posted

Forgot to mention had exactly the same with lidocaine cream, it just burnt like crazy!
    • Posted

Oh it's so frustrating isn't it !! The redness is just so sore I use the lidocaine and just try and bare the pain of it burning but it's the only way intercourse isn't painful I hope I get some answers too I'm seeing my gyne in 2-3 months time again so I will mention it to him what else have they said to you about it have they said it couldn't be caused by anything or ? I find it so strange I remember the day it just came on it started burning and felt hot down there and ever since just had inflammation , I've just had laser on my cervix for inflammation don't know if its related to this problem .... 🤔 I'm baffled everyday to what is wrong with me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.