Posted , 4 users are following.


I am new to this forum but have read some very helpful positive comments.I wondered if anyone can advise on a good specialist in vulvodynia have seen dermatoligist and gynecoligist am using nortriptyline with not much effect.Soreness of vulva main symptom am using HRT patches not ideal at 60 .tried vagifem caused irritation any suggestions thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Try YES VM moisturiser. If you google YES to get a phone number and ring them they are very understanding and helpful and they will happily send you some free samples to their different products to try. The YES VM is also available on a NHS from your doctor and I have found it helpful after it was prescribed by my gynaecologist.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    hi, If I were you, I would look up the vulvodynia, vaginal atrophy, or pudendal neuralgia and pelvic pain facebook sites, they are all very helpful, and you will get lots of tips.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    rita, I would think the doctors you have seen would be able to refer you to a specialist. What country are you in? Have you googled for drs in your area?

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up