Waiter spitted in my coffee

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm pretty sure starbucks guy spitted in my coffee this morning... too bad I've realized it after coffee was gone already. He was rude the other day, I complained right in front of him to his manager, he made my coffee this morning and when I looked back to grab some sugar he started moving super fast and leaned towards... OMG I'm such an idiot... Will recatching mono prolong my misery?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gee,

Don't want you to worry or panic, although I'm no expert my understanding is that you can't be reinfected so to speak, once EBV is in your system it stays there, even when you recover it just lies dormant in your system. Plus this would only be a concern if this waiter currently had glandular fever anyway, which is highly unlikely unless you knew otherwise.

Try not to worry, I know it's easy to do that when not feeling great.

Best wishes

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Gee, I just really hoping that you feel better soon - 2018 I really hope and pray can be the year of recovery.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.