Waiting 16 weeks for smear results

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a sear done in june and im still waiting for results..ireland is the worst country to live in but fast becoming the best to die in. so angry. a young mother of 5 had to drive past leinster house in coffin to make them notice.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am in the same boat. The waiting time is so long due to the scandal. I had a smear in 2011 and it was only weeks for results. I had my smear 10 weeks ago and they noticed a suspicious area on my cervix so referred for colposcopy. No sign of colposcopy appointment and no sign of results. Im absolutely beside myself

• Posted

emma i heard on the news there that it may go beyond 18 weeks in some cases. im trying not to think about it but its always in back of my mind. i hope you get sorted soon. this is just not good enough at all.

• Posted

I saw that this evening and the problem with that is that the swabs may expire before they hit the lab and then have to start from scratch. Literally from one scandal to another. Hope you get answers soon Mairead. My youngest daughter has complex special needs so I just hate this hanging over me when I am trying to concentrate on all the things she needs. Fingers crossed there is a bright spark somewhere who knows how to resolve this issue but I wont hold my breath.

• Posted

good luck with your results by the way. Let me know how you get on

• Posted

i called the cevical place in dublin a few weeks ago as i heard also that the swabs expire. the lady at the end of the phone was abrubt and said that swabs do not expire. her voice told me different. they will sell us any story. and that was another woman saying that. im sure she has female family as well. she said they are inundated with calls and more or less told me goodbye go back to ur gp if you are worried. i hope you have the help you need for your daughter as well. you must be a very special person and im sure your wee daughter is amazing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.