Waiting blood results - has anybody looked well before being given unexpected diagnosis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I've been here before, had fatty liver from being fat and / or excess alcohol. I have been here, got sorted with abstention, diet modifications, and just lapsed again. I did over 200 days without alcohol last year, but it came to an end during lockdown which really badly affected me. I didn't drink every day, but I did soon get used to having a wine most evenings, but still had periods of not drinking.

Have had for a fortnight now pains in right upper quadrant front and back - have had them in the past as niggles really, with other things like tightening around chest, heartburn, etc. Saw GP who diagnosed h pylori (positive test) after I initially had some really horrid pains in central tummy, with this right sided pain at same time. Tired / tired eyes. Been today for bloods.

I am now just waiting. But I am active, I look well, although I have this horrid pain (nothing at all when lying down) in right, goes round to back. It just disturbs normal daily activity at worst, at best nothing there at all, in the middle, a niggle.

I have read so many of the posts on this forum, and I wondered if anybody who came away from the doctor with an unexpected diagnosis, also was shocked because you looked and felt (on the whole) well, or did you look unwell? I've read so much (rather than google anything) and people sound so dreadfully poorly, I can't get my head round the fact that I look ok and yet am anticipating bad news.

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.