Waiting for diagnosis suspected Crohn's.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Jan 2017 I started having really bad stomach pains only in my right hand side I had bouts of diarrhoea also had mucus with or with out stools. The pain gets so bad it stops me in my tracks. I get a burning feeling in at the bottom of my ribs feel constantly sick and so tired all the time. I've been seeing the gp many times had different pain relief which only masked the pain and had stool samples took which didn't show much and my bloods which shows I'm low in iron b12 and folate. I also had an ultrasound which didn't show anything. I've now had an endoscopy which shows I have mild proctitis and I'm waiting for the biopsies as I've been told I could have microscopic Crohn's ??. I have not had any medication other than pain relief which is 2 type of morphine.

I'm at the stage now where I've had enough I'm loosing time at work from my flare ups always feeling poorly and feel like I'm no closer. Just don't know what I'm ment to do 😞

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do

You mean microscopic colitis?

Luckily this is much less severe.

Microscopic colitis is another ‘ibd’ If you look on crohns uk etc there’s a lot of information on there.

Most people have high fcp with crohns (stool test) 

Good luck with your biopsies and I hope things improve soon x

• Posted

The ibd nurse said it could be either but the doctors think it could be more crohns as I have a relative with it. I will just have to wait and see.
  • Posted

First of all let me say that I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I get really annoyed when reading these forums to hear how long it taking to make a diagnoses, there seems to be no urgency with some of these GP'S and consultants.  It has been said before but it is a pity that there are no consultants out there that they them selves suffer from this condition perhaps then we would probably get something done.  I was diagnosed with crohns 53 yrs ago and that was when there no such things as MRI or CT scans yet it did not take that long for my diagnoses. I had not even heard of crohns in those days and neither had anyone else. it is certainly different today unfortunately it is on the increase. You take care and I hope that soon get a diagnoses so as they can start treating. Better still lets hope that you do not have crohns and that it is something that can be treated.

• Posted

Thank you I just would like an answer and hopefully medication to help.
  • Posted

You’re literally describing my life, so many tests over the past 3 years, yet, like you - no diagnosis!

I’m waiting on test results again now, so I live in hope there is a diagnosis waiting for me out there somewhere. 

I truly wish you well, and I hope that there is an answer for you soon, to help rid you of  pain, to live a full life!

• Posted

This is it my life is on a stand still with all my flare ups. They are getting more painful and closer together. I've called the consultants secretary today and my results was giving to him last week so she's going to email and get him to either contact me or email them to my gp. Fingers crossed. I hope you get a diagnosis soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.