waiting for endometrial biopsy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to the obgyn (am 56 - post menopausal by almost two years). Coincidentally, had some spotting the day before, so she sent be for pelvic/transvag ultrasound. They found what they suspect is a 2.4 cm polyp (they said up to 2.4 cm). Now I get a biopsy on Friday and wait another week. The odds are in my favor, but I had thyroid cancer a few years ago (actually not a big deal as things go), and now I am FREAKING OUT that they will find cancer, get inconclusive results that lead to more tests, etc. And why does it take a week for a biopsy result to come in? Sorry...very anxious and venting.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there im 57 just had full hysterectomy yesterday. took three years with off and on spotting and three D&Cs with biopsies each time revealing different results. third one was the charm they found low grade cancer in inly one of the four polyps they removed.

• Posted

Hi Mrspetty,

Praying for a conclusively clean result for you!!

And I SO HEAR YOU about how long it takes to get results in! We can put a rover on Mars and get damn near real time pictures back, but it takes a week to get results back on a biopsy? It's complete and utter crap!!

Hugs to you, let us know how it goes on Friday, and we'll be here with you waiting for results!

Sara

• Posted

i will be praying for you as well! keep us updated. sorry you are going through this.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. They just had a cancellation and moved the biopsy up to tomorrow morning, which is good (less waiting). Now I just have to figure out how to stop looking on the patient website to check for results every five minutes...Kathleen, I hope your recovery goes well. I would imagine 3 years of ambiguity must have really stressful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.